Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged:Friday Hodgepodge

Rate this topic

flagmask.jpg
Image by Julian Wan, via Unsplash, license.
Notable Commentary

"Imposing laws that force everyone to wear a mask (and punishing those who don't) when neither they nor we know they're infected is nothing other than the unjust presumption of guilt." -- Ben Bayer, in "Unjust Mask Mandates Distract From Real Pandemic Priorities" (The Hill)

"f one's exposure level exceeds a certain threshold within a certain time, one's chance of developing symptomatic Covid goes up significantly." -- Paul Hsieh, in "Why I Wear a Mask" (Forbes)

"[F]or today's column, I want to focus on what's good about US health care." -- Paul Hsieh, in "When the Doctor Becomes a Patient: My Thanks for US Health Care" (Forbes)

"Twitter should ban everyone who advocates using government coercion to control its platform." -- Don Watkins and Yaron Brook, in "Twitter Must Stop Giving a Platform to Its Destroyers" (Medium)

"A hierarchy of values is, in essence, a time hierarchy." -- Don Watkins, in "Creating Your Hierarchy of Values" (Medium)

"The idea of a massive new set of expensive policy initiatives, paid for by spilling trillions (or more) down a massive bathroom sink -- where the only constraint is not overflowing -- gives more credence to the gold community's idea of a great reset." -- Keith Weiner, in "The Great Reset" (SNB & CHF)

"In this essay and in two more to follow, I will examine: 1) the essence of BAP's ideas; 2) why a generation of highly educated young men has embraced BAP's dystopian worldview; and 3) how they rationalize their philosophic turn to political Caesarism." -- C. Bradley Thompson, in "Bronze Age Pervert and the Fascist New Frontier" (Substack: The Redneck Intellectual)

"It's now a year later and to my great horror many American cities now look like Santiago [Chile] did on the day I left it." -- C. Bradley Thompson, in "Civilization and Barbarism" (Substack: The Redneck Intellectual)

"ecoming a citizen was the fulfillment of a childhood dream." -- C. Bradley Thompson, in "The Best and Worst of Times" (Substack: The Redneck Intellectual)

-- CAV

Link to Original