Objectivism Online Forum

Oh Yeah...

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I'm an 18 year old student from Wales in the United Kingdom. I've been browsing through this forum for a while now but as a newcomer to Objectivism I haven't been contributing much- although I have commented on one or two topics so I thought I'd better write an introduction for you guys to know who I am. :)

It was strange but refreshing to discover Objectivism where I come from where the welfare state and altruism hold an unquestionable consensus among all major political parties, even on the Right of the spectrum and Ayn Rand is all but unknown- except as some obscure free market fanatic. I'd be interested to know if there is anybody else from Britain on this forum and how they found out about Objectivism.

Thanks and happy rationalizing. :o

Hi all,

I'm an 18 year old student from Wales in the United Kingdom. I've been browsing through this forum for a while now but as a newcomer to Objectivism I haven't been contributing much- although I have commented on one or two topics so I thought I'd better write an introduction for you guys to know who I am. :)

Welcome!

It was strange but refreshing to discover Objectivism where I come from where the welfare state and altruism hold an unquestionable consensus among all major political parties, even on the Right of the spectrum and Ayn Rand is all but unknown- except as some obscure free market fanatic. I'd be interested to know if there is anybody else from Britain on this forum and how they found out about Objectivism.

Thanks and happy rationalizing. :D

The feeling is mutual, but I live in the US.