Objectivism Online Forum

Dark-hunter Series

Rate this topic

Volpex

Anti-romance novelists need not continue. :thumbsup:

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series of romance/action novels is, insofar as I have read, superbly put together with reference to story arcs, concept and scope. While admittedly, in individual moments they can be bogged down by the typical romance novel fluff - and plentiful hot, steamy sex which I of course, don't have any interest in... :P

Revolving around a group of specially selected warriors from various cultures in the past, these "Dark-Hunters" are servants of the goddess Artemis, who uses them to control (i.e., eliminate) "Daimons" who are corrupted anti-humans of her brother, Apollo. They seem to have everything - god endowed powers, money, servants, and of course, the inhuman sexual allure of a deity. But each and every one has recieved these gifts only after losing their human lives in most cruel, torturous events; enough to attract the attention of the aforementioned goddess to offer them vengeance for their soul. Each set of gifts is unique to the Dark-Hunter who wields them. And there are many other creatures and pantheons explored in the stories as a whole - Celtic, Norse, Greek and Roman deities, the were-wolf like Katagaria, the myths of Atlantis and so on. So for those of you who don't mind breezing through some dirrrrty scenes, you might find it an enjoyable collection.

My recommendation for an individual book in the series is Night Embrace. The series has a very loyal following, with some e-books, forums, and conventions outlined on the series' Web site, http://www.dark-hunter.com