Objectivism Online Forum

Christmas Globalizes

Rate this topic

gnargtharst

:D:santa::santa::santa: Merry Christmas !!! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

The song my son and his 7-year old pals are singing...

Jingle bells, Santa smells; Rudolph pulled the sleigh, Stuffed his nose with Cheerios And ate them all the way- hey!

Edited by softwareNerd

:D:santa::santa::santa: Merry Christmas !!! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

The song my son and his 7-year old pals are singing...

Jingle bells, Santa smells; Rudolph pulled the sleigh, Stuffed his nose with Cheerios And ate them all the way- hey!

Some years ago before the fall of the Soviet Union, a loyal Party member was having an argument with his wife about the weather. She had just come in from outside and proclaimed;

"Rudolph! At last! This has been the warmest winter on record - but finally, it is starting to snow."

"No, dear," he replied. "The atmospheric temperature is still to warm for it to snow. It is only rain."

"No, it was snow, Rudolph, I tell you. It was cold and it was wet."

"It might have been cold and wet, dear - but it was cold and wet rain, not snow."

"You weren't out in it. You have just been sitting here by the window all evening long. How can YOU tell?" she asked.

To which he answered: "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."

- - - - - - -

Ok...... I know........you don't have to say it. I will be good and go away now.

<duck>

"Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."

For a moment, I thought the answer would be that the Party had told him it was rain. (According to a recount of a Hungarian weatherman, things like that did actually happen during Communism: A few days after Chernobyl, he said on TV that the wind was blowing from the East, and as a result he was "invited" to an interview with a high-ranking official who explained to him that "there was NO wind coming from the East, period!")

The men and women in our technical age risk becoming victims of their own intellectual and technical achievements, ending up in spiritual barrenness and emptiness of heart

Aw man, and I didn't get him anything. :santa:

He sounds like he could use a copy of Atlas Shrugged! :D