Objectivism Online Forum

Historic Basketball Performance

Rate this topic

Evan

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-1...ov=ap&type=lgns

Unfortunate how the "little people" (the other team) are already bitching instead of commending her for her achievment.

from the article:

Brandeis coach Vera Springer thought Grezinsky made a poor decision by leaving Prince in the game, the New York Post reported Thursday.

"It's nothing against Epiphanny," Springer told the newspaper. "I have great admiration for her. This was an adult decision. Why would you do this against a team like ours?"

Springer said her team, which has won only four league games this season, stopped playing defense in the second half.

"She didn't earn this," Springer told the Post. "It was like picking on a handicapped person."

and about what the previous record holder went through when SHE made history:

Two-time WNBA MVP Lisa Leslie scored 101 points in a half for Morningside High School in Inglewood, Calif., against South Torrance in 1990. South Torrance refused to play the second half.

How disgusting! If I was an athlete, I would LOVE to have the opportunity to play against a champion caliber person like either one of these girls. If she is walkin' all over your team, you can at least tell your kids someday that "I played against a WNBA caliber athlete when I was in high school." It definitely makes for a good story and moreover, there is no shame in getting your butt handed to you by a worthy opponent.

Edited by Evan

Agreed.

Springer said her team, which has won only four league games this season, stopped playing defense in the second half.
This lady could use a good lesson in cause and effect.

And they only scored 32 points? What, did they stop playing offense too?

I'd fire her, not for only winning four games or being blown out by an All-American, but for being such a sorry role model for her athletes :P