Objectivism Online Forum

Colorado Books Project Two-for-One Matching

Rate this topic

By Diana from NoodleFood,cross-posted by MetaBlog

I've heard of some excellent people donating to the Colorado Books Project due to my announcements on NoodleFood and/or my thread on SoloPassion, including some folks from out-of-state. I'm extraordinarily super-super grateful for that. Now, as part of the final push, three donors are offering two-for-one matching (!!). It's a great opportunity for those who haven't yet donated to throw in their two cents -- and transform them into six cents! Here's Lin Zinser's final fundraising letter.

We are closing in on the goal of $14,000 - which is approximately 1750 books. We are $3,125 from our target -- and you have 4 days to PLEDGE money so that WE can make our goal of providing Anthem or The Fountainhead books to any Colorado teacher willing to teach Ayn Rand in the schools. Our last week's pledge drive did wonders, and this week's offer is even better. I want to thank each of you who have already donated. If you have sent your money to ARI directly, ARI has told me the total amount they received, but not who the donors were or the individual amounts, so if you gave money to ARI, and I haven't personally thanked you, I am thanking you now.

This week, for four days -- from now until midnight, June 30, two other donors and myself will match all PLEDGES or DONATIONS -- $2 for every $1.00 contributed.*** (Up to a $2,500 maximum). So, if you pledge to donate $10 now, we will contribute $20 more, for a total of $30 contributed. If you pledge to donate $100, we will donate $200 -- for a total of $300 contributed. And if all of you together donate another $2,500, the three of us together will donate another $5,000.

This year's pledges to contribute money to the Colorado Book Project by December 31, 2006, mean that ARI again send out brochures to Colorado high school teachers, which will result in more teachers requesting more books, thus giving another 1750 students the opportunity this coming spring to read Anthem or The Fountainhead in their high school classrooms. In addition, this year's contributions together with the past year's success (of more than 3600 books sent to teachers, means that more than 5,300 Colorado students could read Ayn Rand during the next school year.

All of your contributions to this project go to ARI and are tax-deductible as charitable contributions.

However, most importantly for you, these donations can help better your life here in Colorado by deliberately creating the opportunity for Miss Rand's genius to once again light up the minds of a new generation --- but, with the specific intent to cultivate and develop rational, capitalistic egoists in this state.

One last time, send your contributions to ARI this week -- OR -- send them to me (Payable to the Ayn Rand Institute) -- OR pledge to me whatever amount you would like to see tripled and sent to ARI for this project. Please -- note on any check or money order that it is for the Colorado Book Project.

Remember, I need your pledge by Friday, June 30, for the matching contributions.

And I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support and cooperation in making this idea reality.

Lin

Remember, there are now four ways to contribute -- 1) Send a check or money order directly to ARI and indicate on it that this money is for the Colorado Book Project; 2) Send a check or money order to me, payable to ARI; 3) donate stock shares to ARI (contact Kathy Cross at ARI, at 310-876-1633 or [email protected]); or 4) contact me by phone, e-mail or letter with your pledge amount -- to be donated later this year.

ARI's Address --

The Ayn Rand Institute

2121 Alton Parkway, Suite 250

Irvine, California, 92606-4926

My address

8700 Dover Court

Arvada, CO 80005

Lin Zinser

Front Range Objectivism

www.FrontRangeObjectivism.com

Phone: 303.431.2525

If you wish to donate, don't delay!