Objectivism Online Forum

The Only Reasonable Democrat At Risk Of Going Down

Rate this topic

By Andy from The Charlotte Capitalist ™,cross-posted by MetaBlog

Senator Joseph Lieberman who is the only Democrat semi-voice-of-reason is in danger of losing his primary election for Senate. His sins:

Lieberman's legislative record -- he has supported capital-gains tax cuts and criticized violent movies and music -- has placed him toward the conservative end of the Democratic Party, but it is his support of the three-year-old Iraq war that has prompted a

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/001791.html

Lieberman is a washed-up old fart. I wouldn't consider him a 'friend' of ours in the most remote sense of the word. He's one I would group in parallel with Hillary Clinton.

-J

By Andy from The Charlotte Capitalist ™,cross-posted by MetaBlog

Senator Joseph Lieberman who is the only Democrat semi-voice-of-reason is in danger of losing his primary election for Senate. His sins:

Lieberman's legislative record -- he has supported capital-gains tax cuts and criticized violent movies and music -- has placed him toward the conservative end of the Democratic Party, but it is his support of the three-year-old Iraq war that has prompted a

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/001791.html

• 2 weeks later...

Lieberman THE DEMOCRAT is about to be done away with, but as far as Lieberman THE SENATOR goes, I wouldn't count him out quite yet. His more pro free market mentality on taxes and his support of the war in Iraq are sins against the democratic base, which prides itself on being a rag tag bunch of post-modern marxist/irrationalists, but the voting majority in Conneticut are a separate matter as they are not solely comprised of this sort.

What we are interesting is a quasi-Stalinist purge, but unlike Josef Stalin, the kook fringe of the New Left does not hold the say on who will win the senate seat, only his party affiliation. I do not harbor much love for Lieberman, but when I am given a choice between a person I don't care for and a satiricle moron who thinks that up is down, naturally the former gets my support.