Objectivism Online Forum

Three Announcements for Students

Rate this topic

By Diana from NoodleFood,cross-posted by MetaBlog

Three important announcements for students from Matt Davis, Campus Clubs Coordinator, Ayn Rand Institute:

(1) The deadline for the 7th annual essay contest on Ayn Rand's
Atlas Shrugged
is fast approaching! We are now accepting essay entries through September 15. Entrants to our college contest will compete for one of 49 prizes and a top prize of $5,000. If you are enrolled in a college or university at least part-time this fall, or if you were enrolled last spring, then you qualify for this contest. For further information on the essay topics and contest rules and guidelines, please visit our website at
www.aynrand.org/contests
, or write to
[email protected]

(2)
The Objective Standard
is a quarterly journal of culture and politics written from an Objectivist perspective. The journal is available to students at
substantial discounts
. A one-year student subscription to the print version (which includes online access) is $49 per year; a one-year student subscription to the online-only version is $39 per year. While supplies last, you can still begin your subscription with the inaugural issue, sample articles from which are accessible online for free
here
. TOS also has a blog,
Principles in Practice
, where you will find principled commentary on cultural issues and current events.

Craig Biddle, Editor

The Objective Standard

www.theobjectivestandard.com

Phone: 804-747-1776

Fax: 804-273-0500

(3) The deadline for submitting an application to the Objectivist Academic Center (OAC) is July 30, 2006.

This program, designed for college students seeking a deeper understanding of Ayn Rand's principles, offers students the unique opportunity to study with Objectivist experts and learn the essentials of Objectivism in an exciting and challenging way. OAC students also have the exclusive eligibility to receive scholarships to attend ARI's summer Conferences free of charge. We are also putting into place a program whereby students can get college credit for OAC courses, which could lighten the course load required by universities and colleges.

For more information on the OAC, as well as for a link to the online application, please visit
www.aynrand.org/academic
. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

I've never entered the Atlas Shrugged essay contest, but I can highly recommend such contests as a means of earning much-needed extra dough in college. (My earnings from essay contests were critical when I was an undergraduate!) The Objective Standard is fantastic: I'm eager to read the second issue. And, as I've said before, I cannot recommend the Objectivist Academic Center highly enough.

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/blog/archives/001811.html