" He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
"
Translation: He that is, must not be. He that is not, I am.
This means your mind and YOU are evil. Knowledge, self, are illusions, evils, diseases, sins to be healed. God, Jesus, death, are what is real.
Matthew 10
" And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
22 ¶ And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
"
Luke 12
The idea I guess is that there is a supernatural afterlife. And the message is that God created man’s nature to possess volition - not to provide for himself - but to choose to obey. So the ‘rational animal’ survives by obeying, whereas the bird has to work… I’d personally like to see what Jesus would say if I donned one-cubit heels. And answering his inevitable response I’d say: “Can God created a stone so large that even he cannot lift it?”
In other words, is A, A? Or is it not? Going backwards: When dealing with omnipotence, ‘can’ is not the right question, rather ‘will’ is the correct question. Thus, God with all his omnipotence still must abide the law of identity. (Jesus would ask: “But who created the trees that provided the wood for your shoes?”) And so I would end up saying that God created man with volition - a rational mind and hands to build. Therefore, it is man’s nature as such that demands he provide for his life by these tools. To say otherwise - to say that the tools are just temptations to use volition in disobendience - is saying that man should use his mind to curse his mind. It is to say that the fowls of the air were given the gift of flight, so that they could reach a height sufficiently dangerous whereby falling would break their own wings.
Whooo, I’m starting to get drawn over to the Inception thread with this train of thought.