FeedRate Command (Suno)

I’ve recently started making AI music to listen to at work.  I’m planning on releasing these at some point under the name “FeedRate Command” and it’s totally derailed the thread that’s just supposed to be about what we’re listening to at the moment, so I’m gonna continue that conversation here.

Here are the first three songs by FeedRate Command:
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQQ4g\_WL64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy828\_vxAaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXqQB8Nf3II

 

On 12/6/2025 at 10:36 AM, Harrison Danneskjold said:

One of the things I really love about Spade of Sparta is that it’s great to work to.  The point of music is to make you feel something, and the martial style of music is extremely energetic and forceful.  It’s perfect for inducing the right state of mind to get up off your ass, march out the door and go do something useful.

I am not a soldier, though.  I don’t fly jet planes or run operations on a carrier (which is what many of their best songs are about); I’m a CNC operator.  I run big, complicated machines that take big chunks of metal and shave them down, very rapidly and very precisely (within tolerances of 1/1000’th or 1/10,000’th of an inch, well beyond what any human eye could possibly see) into small and intricately shaped pieces of metal.  My role in it mainly involves changing out parts every time the machine finishes one, measuring various dimensions to ensure they consistently remain within the tolerances our customers demand and offsetting where the machine makes its cuts when it begins to stray “out of spec”.
So I spent about an hour and a half working this out with ChatGPT.  It doesn’t scan perfectly, but I’m betting that won’t matter as much for a cadence march.
 

Quote

(Verse 1)
Forward FACE!
Touch off the tool.
Set the zero clean,
run by the rule.
Chuck jaws locked,
workpiece tight,
Coolant at the ready
stand by for the bite!
Check the threads
Go no go
Check the I.D.
Offset those

(Cadence Call)
One, two, three
Hold it tight!
One, two, three
Keep that finish bright!

(Chorus)
Turn it down!
Hold that crown!
OD marchin’
all around.
G96
steady pace,
I’m operator
of the CNC lathe.

(Verse 2)
Command: THREAD!
Pitch in line.
Carbide cutter
steps in time.
Shoulder pass
clean and proud,
Bore to depth,
no chatter allowed.
Reamers ready,
parts stand tall.
Insert change
done before the call.

(Cadence Call)
One, two, three
Hold it tight!
One, two, three
Keep that finish bright!

(Chorus)
Turn it down!
Hold that crown!
I.D. Offset
underground.
G97
spindle brave,
I’m operator
of the CNC lathe.

(Bridge – Staccato, March Style)
Coolant ON!
Feed engage!
Keep in specs and
hold the gauge.
Knurling pass
grit and pride.
Parting tool
CUT! Divide!

(Final Chorus)
Turn it tight!
Match to spec!
Inspection parts
salute the check.
M30
end of day,
Run complete
for the CNC lathe.

I spent another hour and a half with Suno.  I’m planning to enjoy this one while I work, and I wanted something really good.
Suno’s melodies originally sounded weirdly like polka, and I eventually figured out it was because the only style and genre keywords I’d punched in were “martial” and “march”.  It sounded like polka because the only instrument being used was a trumpet.  But this is a song about working with robots and using heavy-duty machinery (machines which have never been cleaned since 1967) so I threw some techno and industrial flourishes in there, and specifically called for a synthesizer.  I also shuffled around the lyrics and tweaked them a bit as I went, based on where Suno’s vocal hallucinations consistently seemed to be calling for something extra.

After “Check the ID - offset those”, for example, Suno kept repeating “Offset those” two or three more times before it decided the first verse was done.  So I just added a few lines about suddenly finding a defect and having to shut everything down while you track down the source of the problem, and Suno seemed much happier with the slightly longer verses.
It also really seemed to dislike using “G97” at the same spot of the refrain where “G96” had been used before, and has apparently decided to use “G96” instead in the refrain itself and randomly shout “G97” at several points throughout the instrumental bits.  Which is probably the right call; G96 has four syllables while G97 has five.  Suno said “fuck your mistake, there; I’ll throw that lyric out into the wasteland and occasionally yell it when nothing else is happening”.

And so, after three more hours this morning:

https://youtu.be/QoQQ4g_WL64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=\_d4omMHJP38

 

Got a slightly different one today.  Can you guess what I was doing at work?
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sLwXzfCBM

 

I tried my hand at making one of these into a music video this evening.  That was a huge mistake.  I ended up spending $40 on Neural Frames just to generate this one video, and having done that have officially used up everything I can do with that AI for the rest of the month.

It also dropped one of my favorite lines from the displayed lyrics.  “Deburr tool snarls ‘Hell with you’” - that line was actually one of mine.  As I was going back and forth with ChatGPT it had originally written something with the wrong number of syllables, and it was my own replacement (and my favorite one, too) that didn’t get displayed in the music video.
Where did my line go, Neural Frames?  Did it grow legs and wander away?  Is Neural Frames a toddler who’s gonna get a spanking if it uses the “H” word?

All in all, this video was an extremely poor financial decision.  I could see it being a very fun hobby to make videos like this, but at the moment it’s also a very fucking expensive hobby.  Very cool (it’s undeniably very fun to watch) but very fucking expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K83tcXH9ZLg

 

Googes?! Unless that is a Minnesota dialect pronunciation of gouges. Junk, chunk, whatever. My first guess is that you were reconciling tax spreadsheets for Amazon, and wishing for something more exciting. My second guess it that you work in a brick factory and wish you were a machinist.

I tried to teach the AI Katia how to perform a system of symbolic computations, using the free tier. I did find that it was easy to max out free credits so it would take a long time to make progress. But ultimately I came to the realization that it is in principle _impossible_ to get it to “follow the rules”, because – like with many people – it goes with the statistical flow, and does not use hard-core logical inference. It does seem to be able to extract concrete local generalizations, but hierarchical arrangement into a system is not possible. In your case, I would instruct it “No, you left out a line, include “Deburr tool snarls ‘Hell with you’” – it would apologize and include the line, then mess up something else that it had right before.

If you have escaped the “affordability crisis”, whatever that is, you can just keep hammering / drilling away and maybe you will get somewhere. Or, get a dog and teach it to roll over, much cheaper and easier. On the third or fourth hand, AI can be a useful tool, like a lathe: it does what it can, and you will know its limits, possibly pushing them.

So thank you for spending your money to entertain us. I think I should file paperwork for the support group AI-Anonymous. It won’t be a non-profit.

1 Like

12 hours ago, DavidOdden said:

Googes?! Unless that is a Minnesota dialect pronunciation of gouges. Junk, chunk, whatever. My first guess is that you were reconciling tax spreadsheets for Amazon, and wishing for something more exciting. My second guess it that you work in a brick factory and wish you were a machinist.

Hey, when Suno is spitting out a banger you don’t quibble over little things like pronunciation.  There are plenty of professional human singers who have never been on speaking terms with the King’s English and have made some very fine music that way.
Also, “googes” happens to be a highly technical CNC Machinist term, totally unrelated to whichever word you may be thinking of.  You would know this if you were one of us.  I think a “deburr tool” is something one of those tax accountants for Amazon use for something.

 

12 hours ago, DavidOdden said:

If you have escaped the “affordability crisis”, whatever that is, you can just keep hammering / drilling away and maybe you will get somewhere. Or, get a dog and teach it to roll over, much cheaper and easier. On the third or fourth hand, AI can be a useful tool, like a lathe: it does what it can, and you will know its limits, possibly pushing them.

So thank you for spending your money to entertain us. I think I should file paperwork for the support group AI-Anonymous. It won’t be a non-profit.

Hey, you find me the dog who can spit out brand-new music on command and I will buy it.  I will go into debt in order to buy all of them.  This is why I might need to get in touch with AI Anonymous.  I don’t have a problem; you have a problem, man.

So after that foray into videos last night I made a song about a story I’m a huge fan of, The Way of Kings.  It was beautiful and wonderful and I spent several hours listening to it on repeat while I was at work today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtO982N4TRM

Tonight I tried to capture a different moment in the story, reusing the same Suno “persona” and I’m extremely unhappy with it.  I’ve spent six hours with the damn thing and it’s - I mean, it’s okay, but it’s just okay.  I fully intend to redo the whole thing tomorrow and am only including it here for the sake of completion.  I’m not sure yet where I went wrong here - probably several places.

Firstly, when working the thing into a poem with ChatGPT, I stopped demanding perfect syllable counts.  The poem we used yesterday for StormBlessed had a couple of hiccups in its meter and they didn’t seem to be nearly as big of a problem, when making Symphonic Power Metal.  So we went with Iambic pentameter in the verses, iambic hexameter in the chorus and one line “Kaladin said: Honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do” that’s just repeated by itself for emphasis.  I still think the poem looks good, although after how the song turned out I’ll probably be going over it with a fine-toothed comb.

Secondly, when I plugged the poem into Suno and asked it to use the same “virtual band” we’d created yesterday, the first four or five songs it spat out included the very same melody as yesterday, as well.  I don’t mind it having a very similar style and feel to StormBlessed (in fact, that’s preferable) but it’s not supposed to be the very same song all over again.
We eventually found a tune that was decent and not exactly identical to StormBlessed, but it’s - well, it’s just okay.
In particular, that one line: “Kaladin said: Honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do”.  There is a reason why that’s repeated so often.  All the power and soul of the tune should really come alive right there, for that line, and it isn’t.  The rhythm of the line is okay (the rhythm of it alone has some potential, really) but the melody just kind of meanders around aimlessly.

Anyway.  I’m publishing it and documenting it for the sake of learning what works and what doesn’t, and maybe providing some insights into what’s going on “under the hood” of these fantastic things, but I’m not going to be listening to it in my free time.  Hopefully I can figure out how to fix it tomorrow.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5uaXZjhckM

Don’t listen to that one.  Listen to StormBlessed.  StormBlessed kicks all of the asses.

10 hours ago, Harrison Danneskjold said:

You would know this if you were one of us.

One us us, eh?? Two points. First, these guys apparently work in a much cleaner, less fiery shop that you. Second, ask your wife about what “UTI” is.

A thing I noticed about all of your productions is that the audio lyrics are blindingly clear. Whereas, in the 5th (or so) stanza of SomBy’s version of Alla Hearra Guhkkin Oslos, I guess they told the boys to let loose on the guitars, so I can’t make out the lyrics. (Incidentally, the Songster link includes the option of a synth version of the instrumentals, to which I say “ii, giitu”). Generally, my grasp of performed song lyrics is 3 sd below normal, along the lines of Bad Lip Reading mockery of Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. (xref “Racked up like a douche”). That’s how I can tell that your stuff is machined to intolerably fine tolerances.

 

 

 

 

1 Like

7 hours ago, DavidOdden said:

First, these guys apparently work in a much cleaner, less fiery shop that you.

That video actually hurt me in my soul.

I’ve worked in three different machine shops now and visited a few more (mainly because I still believe in the “showing up with a resume” strategy of informing an employer that they need to start paying me) and I have never seen one that looked anything like that.  That is AI generated content.  You can tell the age of a REAL machine shop by analyzing the layers of grease coating every single surface, including the ceiling, much in the same way as analyzing tree rings.  And where are all the chips???  This is a school where people learn how to shave metal parts down into specific shapes and yet there isn’t a single metal shaving anywhere on the premises.
Worst of all, none of those machines have any of the normal safety equipment around them.  There’s supposed to at least be a plexiglass door inbetween you and where the metal is being shaved down, because accidents happen sometimes.  And when accidents happen to a heavy chunk of metal that’s rotating multiple thousands of times per second, it’s important to have a barrier inbetween that heavy chunk of spinning metal and your own squishy little body.

Imagine watching an advertisement for a driving school which showed a bunch of students learning how to steer with their knees so that they could text with both hands.  That’s what I just saw.  Not one of those children will graduate with a full ten fingers.

 


Anyway.  Today’s song is pretty catchy, and the entire thing until almost the end is one long double entendre (and a riddle, if you care to figure out what that double entendre is).  I’ll probably try to redo the melody into something faster and snappier, at some point, but putting the whole thing into the form of a riddle was so much fun and I’m very happy with what I’ve got so far.

See if you can guess it without using Google!
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apnUzPeaIAQ

 

If I knew my table of elements better I’d be sure. My guess in her name is Al. Small but strong.

1 Like

Incidentally, this might not be AI.

14 minutes ago, DavidOdden said:

Incidentally, this might not be AI.

I believe it’s not.

I have a direct superior at work who routinely sticks his hands into the machine while it is running if he sees anything that needs adjusting.  It saves him quite a bit of time and effort on a daily basis, and every time he does it I have no choice but to watch and ask “is today the day”?
 

19 minutes ago, DavidOdden said:

If I knew my table of elements better I’d be sure. My guess in her name is Al. Small but strong.

Indeed!  I was working with her today and thought to myself that she was so nice that she deserved a song.

Speaking of which - apparently once I find a melody I like, there is an extremely simple and easy way to have the AI reuse that melody in a slightly different way!  So after just a couple of minutes of fiddling I got basically the same tune - I’m not sure if it’s actually faster?  It seems faster and it’s two minutes shorter, despite having the refrain repeated three more times at the end.  If not faster, at least catchier; this one nailed exactly what I was hoping for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqgxfsZXQGc

 

So, Honor is Dead.

I think the first part of the problem is that this poem is LONG.  And it’s not just long (My Number 13 is pretty long, too, when you include all the repeated refrains and bridges) but bad in a few other ways as well.

I was trying to capture a moment in this story.  There are two brothers in an arena, sword-fighting four men in a “duel” that isn’t a duel at all; it’s a murder.  Everybody watching (the entire assembled noble class of this medieval society, and a bunch of the peasantry as well) knows that it’s a murder and everybody is simply watching it happen.  The boys’ father is in the stands going ballistic; screaming at the judge, at the king, at anyone and everyone around him.  Eventually he starts yelling about honor; about how their society (the “Alethi”) used to treat their own honor with such reverence, and demands to know what happened to that Alethi sense of honor.  That’s when Kaladin stands up and says “Honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do” and leaps down into the arena.

 


It’s such an epic moment in the story, and I do think I actually captured it pretty well.  And then I got wrapped up in recording a blow-by-blow description of the entire fight that follows; who hits whom, when and how, etc.  So the first thing I’m going to try to do will be to fix this:
 

Quote

(Verse)
Adolin stood, the finest blade in all the land,  
“I’ll fight whoever comes,” he’d told Relis’s hand.
Yet still, two men against him seemed unfair,  
Their duel would run until surrender there.
Their shardplate blazed, enhancing strength and stride,  
But four men strode out through the gaping wide.
They’d set no limits—“whom you bring,” they’d sworn,  
He could have yielded, lost his pride, his father’s plate, forlorn.
Yet still he raised his blade to start the fight,  
Struck Relis hard, then turned to make Elit take flight.
He pressed Abrobadar, then felt the fourth man’s blow,  
A coward’s strike from behind laid him low.
He tried to yield, but mercy was undone—  
This wasn’t duel, but execution won.
Then Renarin stepped within the ring of stone,  
No plate, just uniform and blade alone.
Adolin cried surrender once again,  
But Relis hissed—his brother might be “accidented” then.
“What glory’s here, four men on one?” he spat,  
“This isn’t honor.” “No,” said Relis, “only that—
Pure punishment,” he purred, “and none will stay my hand.”  
Adolin braced, for honor fell where cowards took their stand.

(Chorus)
Dalinar begged the judge to stay the farce they called that day,  
But still the verdict stood—his sons must face their “accidents” that way.  
He turned to nobles packed in crowds of silk, complacent on display.
“You watch this? See my sons stand here alone, while peril stalks them near?  
You bear your shards, yet none will lift a blade to stand and interfere?”  
The king gazed down; the court looked from the truth they didn’t want to hear.  
“What’s happened to us? Where’s the honor once we held so bright and clear?”  

(Reprise)
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do,  
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do.

(Verse)
Kaladin dashed across the arena floor,  
His speed unmatched, he aimed for Relis’ core.
Relis ignored a spearman in his path,  
A stab to arm brought swift and furious wrath.
Kaladin spun, evading every strike,  
His movements fluid, dangerous, alike.
Adolin fought two men with iron might,  
Each clash and strike a dance of deadly fight.
Kal leapt with both feet onto Relis’ chest,  
Breaking each bone, leaving no chance to rest.
The magical breastplate cracked and split in two,  
Its defenses failed against what Kaladin knew.
Adolin felled Elit with a single slash,  
A two-handed stroke that left his foe abash.
Kaladin’s legs restored with sudden haste,  
He seized Elit’s helm, leaving none to waste.
Adolin turned to meet the remaining three,  
His blade a storm, his fury wild and free.

(Chorus)
Dalinar begged the judge to stay the farce they called that day,  
But still the verdict stood—his sons must face their “accidents” that way.  
He turned to nobles packed in crowds of silk, complacent on display.
“You watch this? See my sons stand here alone, while peril stalks them near?  
You bear your shards, yet none will lift a blade to stand and interfere?”  
The king gazed down; the court looked from the truth they didn’t want to hear.  
“What’s happened to us? Where’s the honor once we held so bright and clear?”  

(Reprise)
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do,  
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do.

(Verse)
Kaladin charged, the helm held in one hand,  
A tiny knife gripped firm, prepared to stand.
Relis now readied, finally aware,  
He met the strike with caution in the air.
Kaladin rushed, then spun back to Adolin,  
Distracting Jakamav, leaving one to win.
Relis returned, and I spun through the sky,  
He ducked and wove, as shards of danger flew by.
Two shardbearers assailed him, fierce and fast,  
He fought with skill, but knew the storm could not last.
At last he halted, drained of all his might,  
His stormlight gone, his energy spent outright.
Yet as Jakamav raised his blade to kill,  
Adolin leapt, clinging to his back with will.

(Chorus)
Dalinar begged the judge to stay the farce they called that day,  
But still the verdict stood—his sons must face their “accidents” that way.  
He turned to nobles packed in crowds of silk, complacent on display.
“You watch this? See my sons stand here alone, while peril stalks them near?  
You bear your shards, yet none will lift a blade to stand and interfere?”  
The king gazed down; the court looked from the truth they didn’t want to hear.  
“What’s happened to us? Where’s the honor once we held so bright and clear?”  
(Reprise)
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do,  
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do.

(Verse)
With stormlight spent, Adolin’s plate grew stiff,  
Each movement strained, his body pushed to cliff.
He locked himself, an anchor at Jakamav’s neck,  
Holding fast, refusing to let them wreck.
Relis then turned, intent to strike Renarin,  
Who wept alone, the sand beneath his skin.
Kaladin followed, muscles screaming, torn,  
Each step a trial, through the pain he was borne.
Relis raised high his blade above the boy,  
A killing strike that sought to crush all joy.
But Kaladin caught it, palm to searing steel,  
Deflecting death, refusing to let it deal.

(Reprise)
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do,  
Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do.

Firstly, Suno seems to do the best with lyrics that are short and catchy already.  It can work with much longer stuff but the way to really get its top performance will be to give it something very simple and rigidly structured to work with.  So I asked ChatGPT to finish a poem that begins “Kaladin said: honor is dead, but I’ll see what I can do”.  It recognized the Stormlight Archives as the story I was referring to and wrote three more paragraphs that don’t even adhere to the original meter (4,4,7) but do mention other aspects of the same story.  So I asked specifically for 3 more lines with a 4,4,7 meter and a matching rhyming scheme.  It spat up several options, one of which was:

“Honor lies cold
Oaths bought and sold
Still I’ll stand when none will move”

Which is perfect.  That basically matches the themes and the mood I’m trying to get and it fits neatly into a very brief snippet which Suno will hopefully be able to work some magic with:

“Kaladin said: 
Honor is dead, 
but I’ll see what I can do.
Honor lies cold
Oaths bought and sold
Still I’ll stand when none will move”

The first verse doesn’t need that much work.  It says what I want it to say; I’m just going to ask ChatGPT to clean it up a bit and make sure the meter is consistent.  It took this:

Quote

Adolin stood, the finest blade in all the land,  
“I’ll fight whoever comes,” he’d told Relis’s hand.
Yet still, two men against him seemed unfair,  
Their duel would run until surrender there.
Their shardplate blazed, enhancing strength and stride,  
But four men strode out through the gaping wide.
They’d set no limits—“whom you bring,” they’d sworn,  
He could have yielded, lost his pride, his father’s plate, forlorn.
Yet still he raised his blade to start the fight,  
Struck Relis hard, then turned to make Elit take flight.
He pressed Abrobadar, then felt the fourth man’s blow,  
A coward’s strike from behind laid him low.
He tried to yield, but mercy was undone—  
This wasn’t duel, but execution won.
Then Renarin stepped within the ring of stone,  
No plate, just uniform and blade alone.
Adolin cried surrender once again,  
But Relis hissed—his brother might be “accidented” then.
“What glory’s here, four men on one?” he spat,  
“This isn’t honor.” “No,” said Relis, “only that—
Pure punishment,” he purred, “and none will stay my hand.”  
Adolin braced, for honor fell where cowards took their stand.

And spat out this:

Quote

Adolin stood, the finest blade in all the land.
“I’ll fight whoever comes,” he told Relis’s hand.
Yet still, two men against him felt unjust;
The duel would run till one at last said “enough.”

Their Shardplate blazed, enhancing stride and might,
But four men strode forth through the gaping height.
No limits set—“whom you bring,” they had sworn;
He could have yielded, pride and Plate forsworn.

Yet still he raised his blade and joined the fight,
Struck Relis first, then sent Elit in flight.
He pressed Abrobadar, then felt the blow—
A coward’s strike from rear that laid him low.

He tried to yield, but mercy found no place;
This was no duel, but death in trial’s face.
Then Renarin stepped inside the circle bare,
No Plate—just blade and uniform to wear.

Again Adolin cried surrender loud,
But Relis hissed of “accidents” allowed.
“What glory’s here—four men on one?” he spat.
“This isn’t honor.” “No,” said Relis, flat.

“Pure punishment,” he purred, “and none will stay my hand.”
Adolin braced—where honor fell, the cowards stand.

Same with the original chorus, which we’ll be turning into a bridge.  It just needs a bit of tidying up:

Quote

Dalinar begged the judge to stay the farce they called that day,  
But still the verdict stood—his sons must face their “accidents” that way.  
He turned to nobles packed in crowds of silk, complacent on display.
“You watch this? See my sons stand here alone, while peril stalks them near?  
You bear your shards, yet none will lift a blade to stand and interfere?”  
The king gazed down; the court looked from the truth they didn’t want to hear.  
“What’s happened to us? Where’s the honor once we held so bright and clear?”  

Turned into this:

Quote

Dalinar begged the judge to halt the farce that day,
But still the verdict stood—his sons must face their fate.
He turned to silken nobles, calm in proud array:
“You watch my sons stand here alone, with death at hand.
You bear your Shards, yet none will move to make a stand.”
The king looked down; the court stayed silent, lined in gray.
“What’s happened to us? Where’s the honor we once knew?”

After about fifteen minutes of cajoling.  We went through 5 or 6 different revisions but we got it tightened up and made sure at least a few things still rhymed.  Now, I have 3 verses that aren’t really necessary:

Quote

Kaladin dashed across the arena floor,  
His speed unmatched, he aimed for Relis’ core.
Relis ignored a spearman in his path,  
A stab to arm brought swift and furious wrath.
Kaladin spun, evading every strike,  
His movements fluid, dangerous, alike.
Adolin fought two men with iron might,  
Each clash and strike a dance of deadly fight.
Kal leapt with both feet onto Relis’ chest,  
Breaking each bone, leaving no chance to rest.
The magical breastplate cracked and split in two,  
Its defenses failed against what Kaladin knew.
Adolin felled Elit with a single slash,  
A two-handed stroke that left his foe abash.
Kaladin’s legs restored with sudden haste,  
He seized Elit’s helm, leaving none to waste.
Adolin turned to meet the remaining three,  
His blade a storm, his fury wild and free.

Kaladin charged, the helm held in one hand,  
A tiny knife gripped firm, prepared to stand.
Relis now readied, finally aware,  
He met the strike with caution in the air.
Kaladin rushed, then spun back to Adolin,  
Distracting Jakamav, leaving one to win.
Relis returned, and I spun through the sky,  
He ducked and wove, as shards of danger flew by.
Two shardbearers assailed him, fierce and fast,  
He fought with skill, but knew the storm could not last.
At last he halted, drained of all his might,  
His stormlight gone, his energy spent outright.
Yet as Jakamav raised his blade to kill,  
Adolin leapt, clinging to his back with will.

With stormlight spent, Adolin’s plate grew stiff,  
Each movement strained, his body pushed to cliff.
He locked himself, an anchor at Jakamav’s neck,  
Holding fast, refusing to let them wreck.
Relis then turned, intent to strike Renarin,  
Who wept alone, the sand beneath his skin.
Kaladin followed, muscles screaming, torn,  
Each step a trial, through the pain he was borne.
Relis raised high his blade above the boy,  
A killing strike that sought to crush all joy.
But Kaladin caught it, palm to searing steel,  
Deflecting death, refusing to let it deal.

And we don’t need a full description of every single hack and slash throughout the entire fight.  That’s stupid.  We need the moment when Kaladin leaps down into the arena, we need some description of a bit of fighting and we need the moment when Relis tries to kill Renarin.  All the rest of it is really adding nothing to the song.  ChatGpt trimmed it down to this:

Quote

Kaladin leapt and tore across the sand,
A lightning strike with death held in his hand.
Relis ignored the spear that struck his arm,
Still pressing on to deal Adolin harm.

Blades clashed; the field dissolved to steel and cries,
Till chaos ruled where honor goes to die.
Then Relis turned, his wrath on Renarin,
A trembling boy with nothing left to win.

He raised his blade—the killing stroke held fast—
But Kaladin seized steel and stopped it cold at last.

So now we have a much shorter and punchier poem which still has most of the same content as the original, without the full blow-by-blow fight scene and with the meter having been quadruple checked.


Now, when I plug this into Suno, the thing I’m going to do is cheat!

Suno does best when the lyrics it has to work from are already short, simple and catchy.  It can work some magic with that.  So instead of plugging in our full poem, I’m going to use the “extend” feature; once I find a melody I like, I’m simply going to “extend” that same melody over and over again, with new and different lyrics, until it’s done the entire poem.  I’m not even going to start with the first verse!  I’m going to start with our new refrain!

So here is the “seed” that’s going to become our new song.
 

 

It’s only a minute and a half long and it only includes the new refrain.  But since we’ve found a good melody (after filtering out the first half-dozen) we can do something epic with this.  We extend it from 1:05.  Nothing really matters except that refrain, here; we only want to make sure that Suno has a solid melody to work from and that the transition from the original clip to the extension isn’t too jarring.

And … It’s still fucking up.  I spent an hour and a half getting it to compose everything except the final verse, bridge and chorus, and now when I ask it to give me that bit it keeps spitting out the melody to “Stormblessed” for ten or twenty seconds and then dying.

I will have this song.  Eventually.

The Accountant at our company asked me to make a song for her department today.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6jxINovuZk

 

Holy crap, this song was a beast.  I’ve spent a combined twelve hours on it and it’s still got some issues, but it’s good enough that I’m gonna run with what I’ve got right now.

Suno really does not do well with extremely long-form poems.  If you plugged Shakespeare or one of those old Viking sagas into it I bet you’d crash the whole thing.  Still, if you chop it up into very fine pieces and only ask Suno to compose one little section at a time, you can eventually get it to work.

Still not as good as Stormblessed, but good enough.  Here is Honor is Dead:
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAeEMhPK10

 

Mods?
Or maybe quicker, lol, hey Mr advertiser , this space is more a market place for older celibate males and younger incels.

On 12/21/2025 at 3:49 AM, alexanderlewis said:

Womens From Your Town - No Selfie - Anonymous Sex Dating

Ah, but can these women think up an original tune and sing it on command like so?

It’s okay if they can’t.  The hive needs minerals and all are welcome to contribute.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRLmEWOk9A

 

So this last one is about StarCraft 2, and the refrain are actually the build orders I usually start with.  I like to open with what’s called a “Zerg Rush” which just means building Zerglings (many Zerglings, far faster than anyone else can build anything at all) and rushing into your opponent’s base with them.

Zergling Lives Do Not Matter because they only cost 25 minerals apiece.  I believe they’re the very cheapest units in the game.  You can flush whole legions of them down the toilet and it won’t matter as long as you continue building more Zerglings, because Zergling Lives Do Not Matter.

I’m also gonna do one for my son’s opening build orders (he plays Protoss) and anyone else who’s interested.

I wasn’t trying to do this, but it ended up sounding a bit like something Avicii might’ve made.
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5G2xBExwj0

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqm4zGTDlYs