I don’t think your business is appropriate for the forum or the link directory. We don’t have a listing for businesses run by Objectivists… yet.
So let me understand this…
You claim to be open to questions about this policy, and its supposed alternatives: yet only answer those you deem worthy of an answer.
After two emails stating the opposite, you decide that I’m asking to post my business on this forum. Never happened, straw man.
You claim my business is not “appropriate” for the link directory, yet you offer no standard for that evaluation, and still have not supplied a location of this fabled directory, preventing me from finding out who else has been deemed worthy enough to be permitted post their links there.
John Galt = Inventor of a novel motor design
Hank Rearden = designer of a new method of steel manufacture & composition
Ayn Rand = creator of a universally integrative rational philosophical system
Howard Roark = designer of novel architecture
Equality 7-2521 = Re-inventor of the incandescent light bulb
The previous examples are indicative of the interests that OO.net subscribers already hold. My site provides information and services of interest to inventors and the invention curious. I am a certified US Patent paralegal operating a legitimate business helping inventors and companies. I am not a fly-by-night, invention marketing scammer, lying to people to steal their money. I simply provide patent searches and documentation, and am trusted by the local legal community.
You claim my site is not “appropriate” for your members or readers of the “main site”, and I submit that your evaluation is in error, and contradicts the obvious interests of the OO.net membership.
You claim that you don’t have a listing (location unspecified) for links to businesses run by Objectivists, yet. So I ask that you please outline specifically why this seems to be so anathema to the adminstrators of this site?
I mean, how hard can it be to set up and oversee?
BTW, prodos is promoting Lewis Little’s book on this site. (TEW discussion) How is posting a reference to the TEW site which links to the amazon page for Little’s book any different than asking to post a link to one’s business?
Who is John Galt?
I thank you for your objective consideration,
<*>aj
BTW, I wouldn’t be pursuing this if there were any alternative. The Objectivist Businesspeople site has been inactive for a long time. I would think that members of either site would welcome a subforum or listing of objectivist run businesses. Why don’t you ask the membership what they want?