Three Favorite Soundtracks...

…Team America: World Police.

“I’m so ronry.”

Poor rittre me.

Ugh… too hard to name just three. I love Big Fish, A Clockwork Orange, Dirty Harry, Jackie Brown and Twin Peaks OSTs, for example. Also those composed by Philip Glass (Powaqqatsi etc) are really good.

  1. “Sugar Hill” with Wesley Snipes…great movie, and the soundtrack is done by an African Jazz sax player

2.“Superfly” The whole soundtrack was done by Curtis Mayfield and is an all time classic album, as is the movie.

  1. “Scarface”…The “Push it to the limit” montague is a classic.

Nightmare Before Christmas

Requiem for a Dream

Team America: World Police

South Park the Movie

Juno

would say when it comes to movie soundtracks, Last of the Mohicans and the Lord of the rings trilogy would have to rank way up there.

The Matrix Soundtrack

A Series of Unfortunate Events Soundtrack

The Return of the King Soundtrack

These are really scores, not soundtracks:

Gattaca - Michael Nyman’s finest work

The Piano - Michael Nyman’s 2nd finest work

Funny, I really hate most of Nyman’s other work. See, e.g. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover, which is a beautiful film about some really awful people and has a rather obnoxious score.

~Q

I’m going to try to stick to soundtracks, as opposed to scores.

A Night at the Roxbury - I have a soft spot for jokes with (pop)musical cues, so really, there’s no contest here. The sudden inclusion of R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts after a near relentless string of 1990s dance hits is comedy gold.

Garden State - Just fantastic song choices, and one that I turn to again and again, even outside of the movie.

Rushmore - Although there are some fun originial compositions for the movie, it’s the pre-existing sixities tracks that really shine. The Kinks, Cat Stevens, The Faces, that’s good listenin’.