Objectivism Online Forum

The Atlas Society

Rate this topic

I'm trying to promote Objectivism among my friends.

Would The Atlas Society (founded by David Kelley) be a reliable source for Objectivist knowledge?

Where does Kelley's open system depart from the closed system of Objectivism?

I would say no to the Atlas Society only because the core organization has more than enough information available. aynrand.org-registered page, the books, the objectivism wiki on this site, arc-tv.com and so on.

As for the last question I don't have the time to properly answer that right now but others will easily be able to oblige.

You could also just give them this as a brief:

http://objectivistresistance.ning.com/prof...m-explained-amp

Would The Atlas Society (founded by David Kelley) be a reliable source for Objectivist knowledge?

I would not consider it so. In my judgment (and I think that of most if not all of the posters here) Kelley's ideas diverged from Objectivism many years ago. I'd recommend the material on ARI's website over Kelley any day.

Where does Kelley's open system depart from the closed system of Objectivism?

Diana Hsieh's "False Friends of Objectivism" archive documents her reasons for halting her support for Kelley and his organization in some detail, including some analysis of issues like the open system. I recommend reading through her posts on the topic.