Objectivism Online Forum

GOP Ron Johnson on Rand

Rate this topic

Never heard of him before reading this article, he's yet another GOP member speaking on Rand:

Johnson tells the chirpy interviewer from the Atlas Society that our freedoms are under assault, particularly by the 2010 health care reform bill. The program, which will give some 20 million Americans access to health care and prevent folks from being kicked off their private insurance when they get sick, is "the greatest assault on freedom in our lifetime," opines Johnson who was a CEO of a Wisconsin business before becoming Senator in 2010.

And Americans who want health care coverage?: "We're all suffering collectively from the Stockholm Syndrome. That's where people who have been kidnapped are grateful to their captors when they just show them a little bit of mercy. And collectively, we just don't understand the freedoms we're really losing."

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2013/01/11964/wisconsin-senator-ron-johnson-hearts-ayn-rand

Edited by intellectualammo

Appareantly he is the guy that prompted what I hope to be a memorable and oft quoted remark of Sec. Hillary's "At this point what difference does it make??!!"

And just from reading the wiki entry , being from Jersey and concerning current senatorial issues I think I wouldn't mind a senator from Wisconsin.

Edited by tadmjones