Objectivism Online Forum

I'm back

Rate this topic

Hello all,

After a long absence, I'm finally back. I still won't be as active as I once was, just because I'm very busy, but I'll try to check in at least once every week or two.

Finishing up last semester consumed a lot of my time, as has a new job at a bookstore (I started on as part-time seasonal help in November, but have since gotten a promotion to a full-time position). Also, it turns out that the classes I finished last fall fulfilled all of my major requirements by my advisor's reckoning (much to my surprise), so he signed off on my graduation application and I'll be receiving my B.A. in philosophy when the next batch of diplomas rolls off the press, come May. So school isn't so time-consuming anymore, but my job more than makes up for that, along with some other personal issues in my life right now. On top of that, I no longer have regular internet access at home, so I can only do this stuff when I'm on campus (which is over an hour commute for me) and have a few extra hours to spend on it.

But it's good to be back, hope I will be able to be a bit more active now and avoid anymore four-month absences.

Hello all,

After a long absence, I'm finally back.  I still won't be as active as I once was, just because I'm very busy, but I'll try to check in at least once every week or two.

Finishing up last semester consumed a lot of my time, as has a new job at a bookstore (I started on as part-time seasonal help in November, but have since gotten a promotion to a full-time position).  Also, it turns out that the classes I finished last fall fulfilled all of my major requirements by my advisor's reckoning (much to my surprise), so he signed off on my graduation application and I'll be receiving my B.A. in philosophy when the next batch of diplomas rolls off the press, come May.  So school isn't so time-consuming anymore, but my job more than makes up for that, along with some other personal issues in my life right now.  On top of that, I no longer have regular internet access at home, so I can only do this stuff when I'm on campus (which is over an hour commute for me) and have a few extra hours to spend on it.

But it's good to be back, hope I will be able to be a bit more active now and avoid anymore four-month absences.

Congratulations on receiving your degree! Are you planning to go to grad school?