Objectivism Online Forum

Send my brother in Iraq a 21st birthday card!

Rate this topic

As many of you know, my brother, Aaron Stein, is currently stationed in Iraq. His 21st birthday is coming up, and he doesn't get to have a big party or anything. He's not allowed to drink over there, so he doesn't get that 21st birthday beer many of us enjoyed.

So my folks decided they wanted to get a bunch of people to send him birthday cards. There's a MetroWest news article about it that you should read. It's really a nice thought by my parents, and I want to help by getting everyone and everyone they know to send Aaron a birthday card.

So send Aaron a birthday card in Iraq! And tell everyone you know to do the same!

Send it by February 10th so it arrives by his birthday, March 10th. The postage is normal, so don't worry about cost. For just a couple dollar birthday card and a stamp you can brighten my brother's birthday a little.

I've set up a MySpace page for this project, whch is at www.myspace.com/happybirthdayaaron. I'll post updates on there on news coverage, etc.

Thankfully my brother is still alive, and I don't mean to trivialize the losses of those who have endured much worse than not having beer on their 21st birthday. But my brother and all our soldiers are struggling over there, and hopefully this will be a nice little diversion for him.

Send cards to:

SPC Aaron Stein

HHC, 1-501

FOB Iskan

APO AE 09312-0506

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
As many of you know, my brother, Aaron Stein, is currently stationed in Iraq. His 21st birthday is coming up, and he doesn't get to have a big party or anything. He's not allowed to drink over there, so he doesn't get that 21st birthday beer many of us enjoyed.

Send cards to:

SPC Aaron Stein

HHC, 1-501

FOB Iskan

APO AE 09312-0506

Thanks!

Your brother waited until he was 21 to drink !!!!...hahhahah .....will gladly send a card...good luck

Edited by Alessa36

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I haven't heard from Aaron in some time. My parents have spoken with him recently and tell me he is doing well. I know his opportunities for communication are quite limited, so I am not disheartened at not having heard from him.

My dad tells me that as of a couple days ago Aaron counted one shoebox full of cards. It contained around 150 cards.

Oh, and apparently, there are "several" shoeboxes.

Nice job guys! :confused: