Objectivism Online Forum

Is it moral to sleep with someone with an STD?

Rate this topic

Areactor

What is the objectivist position on how you should handle yourself with sex, partners, and sexual transmitted diseases?

Also

I have a senerio question. Lets say two people meet, their really in love and decide to have sex. But here's the catch, the male is HIV+. The woman doesn't mind and rationalize that AIDS or HIV isn't a death sentence, and rationalize that she'll just be restricted to pills.

Now the question isn't how she should handle herself but how he should handle himself. What moral reason should keep him from having sexual relations with the woman?

I stay away from them.

As for your scenario question, both sides have to agree to sex, whether they are healthy or not. If the woman chooses to have sex, then it is still the choice of her boyfriend whether he will or won't have sex. There is really no moral dilemma for the male. I don't think that anyone would willingly choose to infect someone with any disease if they were really in love for any reason, but even if he did, he had approval from the woman that he could do it.

Nimble, please keep this forum clean of disgusting and malevolent metaphors and images. Humor is no excuse. (Removed original post to which this referred. sN)

As for the actual topic: AIDS is a death sentence in today's world, and having sex without a condom with an HIV positive person is tantamount to suicide. There is no justification for it.

Edited by softwareNerd