Objectivism Online Forum

Lorean Shrugged

Rate this topic

How long did it take you? Took me 18 months (not that I found it drudgery, it was, and remains, my favorite book of all time).

Atlas took roughly a week, the five or six other books I've read took about 2 or 3 weeks more.

Edited by lorean

Welcome to the forum! I finished AS about a year ago and my life has changed for the better in so many ways since. I hope you find Rand's philosophy is as important to your life as it is to mine.

Edited by K-Mac

That's pretty voracious, so say the least.

Which other books of hers have you read?

The Fountainhead, Anthem, For the New Intellectual, Philosophy: Who Needs It?, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. About her I've read her Journals and The Ayn Rand Cult. I want to read We the Living as I heard its her best book and I'd like to read some of Peikoff, his summary of her philosophy mainly.

Word up.

I had Word up, but right now I have Wordpad going.

I read Atlas a few weeks ago, very good book. Went out and got a few more Objectivist books and am liking what I see.

So, hello everyone.

Hello Lorean. Happy that you like Ayn Rand's works. Looks like you've read quite a bit. I would say that Atlas Shrugged is her best book, because it takes on such a broad, sweeping subject. I know Ayn Rand would have said that. Her second best would be The Fountainhead.