Objectivism Online Forum

Tools for Living: Share your knowledge

Rate this topic

Halcyon

Often when browsing this forum I read threads in which people suggest some very useful books and products which can improve our lives in many different areas. A couple of examples are the "Here Be Dragons" movie on critical thinking offered by KevinDW78 and the powerful organisational software "Life Balance". I'd be most interested to know if anyone has anything which has been beneficial to their own lives to share with everybody; it can be anything from software which helps your PC run more efficiently to a self-help book or even some really comfy underwear! I'll start:

Life Balance - A great little tool for organising all of your projects and tasks and structuring them into a neat hierarchy of values. (http://www.llamagraphics.com)

Getting Things Done by David Allen - This book has positive reviews both on the forum and elsewhere; I've just ordered my copy so I can't vouch for it personally yet!

How to Talk to Women by Ron Louis and David Copeland - As a somewhat socially awkward person this book has helped me develop my social skills and understand the fairer sex a little better. I also believe there is a version written for women.

The Art of Living Consciously by Nathaniel Branden - The sentence stem completion exercises in this book have been a great help to me in dealing with repressed feelings and memories.

Precision Nutrition - A useful system of diet and exercise for anyone who wants to lose fat, build muscle mass or improve their performance in a sport. The recipes are really tasty! (http://www.precisionnutrition.com/)

MuscleTalk.co.uk - A bodybuilding website with lots of sensible advice and articles on weight training.

• 1 month later...

Old newby here, Hal. Hate it when someone stumps me with a very simple idea. I like your thought. Most of us surely have little tidbits that help us through the day. Problem is, I can't think of a single one right now. Major senior moment, I suppose. I'll think on it.

I'll be back. ES

Told you I'd be back.

Thought of something that might be of interest.

paperbackswap.com

A site that allows you to post paperbacks you've read for other readers to request. You post 10 books and get two free credits. Sort of a signing bonus. Each credit allows you to request a book someone else has posted. They ship it to you at their expense. It's a free book. When someone requests one of your books, you ship it to them at your expense (two bucks and change, Media Rate) and you get another credit.

Your basic on-line used book store. If you read a lot, it is a good deal.