Objectivism Online Forum

Searching for a study/statistics...

Rate this topic

I've heard this statistic a lot, both online and off, that I have only managed to find once. They divided those that pay income taxes or something like that into 5 brackets of 20% each... the top 20% pays FAR more than any of the other income bracket.

I know you've heard of this before... can anyone find the original study/statistics?

You can also go to RushLimbaugh.com and scroll to almost the bottom of the page and click on the tab "The Truth About Taxes" and get some quick data of that nature. (I used to be a ditto head, sorry!) :P

• 2 weeks later...
You can also go to RushLimbaugh.com and scroll to almost the bottom of the page and click on the tab "The Truth About Taxes" and get some quick data of that nature. (I used to be a ditto head, sorry!) :pimp:

I still listen to a lot of conservative radio and watch some conservative TV programs (Glenn Beck and the like). I agree with a lot of what they say about free markets (even if they don't actually completely understand it), and it's more pro-objectivist then most other news sources. Of course, as with every famous person in the world that isn't objectivist, there are plenty of times I just can't stomach it and stop watching/listening for weeks on end.

I have a very complicated relationship with conservative media.