Objectivism Online Forum

ARI "Free Books For Students" Campaign

Rate this topic

I received this from ARI today; thought I'd share it. Let me know if my posting this is inappropriate in any way.

Dear Rob:

Our Free Books to Teachers Project has proved to be a remarkable success-with more than 170,000 books distributed over the past two and a half years. Moreover, our high school essay contests now draw more than 13,000 entrants per year-making it the largest such contest in the nation.

In an effort to further advance our outreach efforts to young people, we are launching a third educational project this coming year-and I'd like to ask for your help in making this project a reality.

What we have in mind is this: providing, free of charge, copies of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged to every high-school student who participates in our annual Essay Contests. Students who enter the Anthem contest would, at the end of the school year, receive a free copy of The Fountainhead. Participants in our Fountainhead contest would, at year's end, receive a free copy of Atlas Shrugged.

The purpose of this program would be two-fold: to thank the students for their involvement in the respective essay contests; and to encourage them to continue their reading of Ayn Rand's books. This will be particularly important, in our view, for those high-school seniors to whom we envision sending Atlas Shrugged prior to their going off to college.

Our overall objective is to raise $100,000 to fund this project for the coming year. Our immediate objective is to fund the project in your state. Based on last year's essay-contest participation in California we are seeking $11,500 for the state.

If you'd like to see Ayn Rand's novels made available to ARI essay contest participants in your state, please let us know. Any contribution you can make toward the $11,500 goal would be very much appreciated.

To get involved in this project, please Email Duane Knight, our Manager for Corporate and Foundation Development, at [email protected].

Thanks in advance for your consideration and support!

Sincerely,

Yaron Brook

President and Executive Director

*EDIT1* How do I make "ARI" all caps in the title? It's automatically lower-casing it to "Ari."

*EDIT2* It's also automatically lower-casing "Free" to "free" in the title. :thumbsup:

Edited by softwareNerd

How do I make "ARI" all caps in the title? It's automatically lower-casing it to "Ari." It's also automatically lower-casing "Free" to "free" in the title.
It is a board setting that disallows SHOUTING in titles. I wish it were a little more "intelligent" (e.g. allowing one four letter all-caps word in a title, or something like that.) One day, I tried unsetting it to see if that would work better, and someone did post IN ALL CAPS that very day. [This particular one has been changed by magic :thumbsup: ... a.k.a. unset-change-set]