Objectivism Online Forum

Abdul Rahman Case

Rate this topic

I'd be more scared of China, Russia, and North Korea. If those three nations thought the rest of the world would provide ideological support, don't you think they'd leap at the first opportunity to take us out?

I agree that Russia and China are the concern, North Korea well I don't know about that. It's anyone's guess as to whether or not they could even hit us with nukes. Besides if the US nuked Iran I'm sure they would gladly do in North Korea at the same time, I mean what do you have to lose at that point?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that China is US #1 enemy, and it's a threat that will only grow with time. I'm not worried about Russia, or even Belarus, because I know that as the old generations die, the young will push for democracy, and pro-West policy. And as racist as it may sound, it's also much harder to make an enemy out of someone that looks and thinks like you. The main problem with China is almost a billion of uneducated lower class farmers, controlled by the communist elite. Some may say that China's "free market" economy helps push it towards democracy, but in my opinion it just means more money for the high tech military. We are lucky that currently the most powerful nation in the world is a truly good country - the United States of America, but imagine living in the world where the shots are being called by the evil China? Imagine living in a world, where we can't retaliate against Iraninan terrorists, because China's buying oil from them? Or we are forced to look helplessly, as Taiwan, Japan, and other democracies are being invaded, because our military is no match for the Communist war machine. It may be a world our kids have to live in.

I have no doubt that China is US #1 enemy, and it's a threat that will only grow with time. I'm not worried about Russia, or even Belarus, because I know that as the old generations die, the young will push for democracy, and pro-West policy.

They thought that in 1989, too. Unfortunately, while, I agree to some degree about the moral standing just "taking out" those countries, I have to agree with Moose that while we're good, we're not good enough to take on the ENTIRE world. Quite Frankly, I don't want to. We could probably take on China, and we could definitely take on Russia but we could not take on both (considering while we make that attack, the homeland would be open terrorist attacks, we would HAVE to have a draft, and taxes would have to be raised substantially to fund such destruction). Such an attack/war would probably set India and Pakistan Nuking each other as they ally with whomever gives them the most support (I would assume India with us, since we give them MOST of our jobs). It would end in a nuclear Holocaust in which NO ONE would "win."

I tell you, though....everytime I read these threads...you give me more and more reason to get my @ss out of the military.