Objectivism Online Forum

Think your bar review courses cost too much?

Rate this topic

Groovenstein

http://www.barbri-classaction.com/barbri/default.htm

Bar/Bri prepares some 90% of students, including myself, nationwide for the bar exam. Their stuff is expensive, sure. As in, a couple thousand dollars. Yeah, but it's also great. My course had top faculty from top schools as lecturers. They give you a ton of written materials and handouts. They grade five of your full written essays over the course of your review. They also offer a simulated multistate bar exam (which comprises one day of the two of the actual exam) at the actual testing site for the bar, which they grade and provide full explanatory answers for all 200 questions, and give you a statistical breakdown by topic and subtopic of your score, and they compare it to nationwide performance (some tens of thousand of people). Their success rate noticeably exceeds that of people who don't use the program.

Thanks to these idiot students who make these companies spend a buttload of money defending antitrust suits (which I've heard from folks in the practice that they're insanely expensive to defend). :thumbsup:

Really, my wife tried BarBri and the other major one I can't remember off the top of my head. She really didn't find their classes as helpful as you'd think they were considering the price. It seemed to me they literally dump as much as humanly possible on you hoping that some of it will stick.

The service she found that really helped her, as well as her results was passyourbar.com. She did the semi-private classes that allowed her to work around her schedule and had a ton of 1 on 1 interaction with the main instructor Hugh as well as his assistants. He was able to pretty quickly find my wife's weak areas and worked to fix her problems and made sure she didn't spend to much time on unimportant things. That plus ways to game the Bar and what to really expect as opposed to doing practice bar after practice bar.