I have 2 Gmail invitations, and will give at least one of them to whomever offers the best “bid” of contributions to this site, whether content, web design, editorial, etc.
Update: in the interest of fairness, I’ll wait 24 hours before giving away any invitations to give everyone a chance. Oh, and thanks, Dinesh!
Well, I throw in a bid for 240 points worth of very active posting in a two month period including aesthetic offerings in photography with more to come, and 1 original poem (and a promise never to do that again ).
What about my contribution… sure I am a new member, but I have managed to convice 4 friends to drop religion, and have converted 7 others to be active objectivists, and I live in the Bible Belt…
I feel that is in your interest to give one to me because I will continue to actively support Objectivism even the lincoln douglas debate community (which is very anti-Ojectivism)…
Im putting another gmail invite up for grabs. GreedyCapitalist just PM me who to send it to.
Thanks, banana-eater!
In all seriousness, this is meant to be an incentive for future contributions to the website, not as a reward for forum participation, which presumably requires no incentive on my part.
Thanks for the account GC! I just finished setting it up. Can’t wait to see how it works out over time. :lol:
Now, you didn’t answer my question in pm. And I don’t think it will hurt to publish it here instead. Have you used the service yet? How do you like it so far? Any major pros or cons that you see to date?
GC gave a very complete list. Add to that the fact that the service does not support languages other than English, and you have a good idea of the limitations.
Another innovative technology is the replacement of folders with “labels”, so that a message can be sorted to two or more different categories without being duplicated.
Well, I have not much more that I can think to offer at this point other than photography. In my budding newness to Objectivism, it will take me some time to actually know what else is worthwhile to contribute. I’ll take it that that’s not enough, and just continue enjoying the forums.
I would really like to see an RSS-like web-service interface for remotely checking for new email
Remember though that Gmail is still in it’s testing periods. I think there is a good chance that more additions will be added to the final product. Which shows how much potentiality it has even at the alpha/beta level.