Kevin. First off, my intention wasn’t to make assumptions about your view. If it came across that way, I didn’t mean it to and I apologize. I did actually ask specific questions above in my first post about what you meant by a “date.” You never answered, so when I responded, I addressed the general conception of “dating” that people have. I’m still curious then what you mean by dating, and whether you would do the things I asked about above (pay for dinner, open car and restaurant doors, be the driver instead of the passenger, etc.).
So my intention was not to make incorrect assumptions, but to make some points concerning the potential problems I see for anyone who did those types of traditional things that are implied in a “date.” And because you didn’t specify what exactly you mean by a date in your videos, a lot of listeners will assume that you mean by it those traditional courtship rituals. If you agree that those things are problematic and you don’t want to imply them by using the word “date,” it might be beneficial to say that directly.
One other thing that I think is very important, and I am not in a position at the moment to re-listen to the video in order to transcribe your words exactly, but I think you mentioned something about one benefit of a date being that you keep your friends away from the girl you have an interest in – that if you were to “hang out” with a group, then your guy friends might try to win over the girl you are interested in. You did say something like that, correct?
If that was your point, I think there’s a real danger with that perspective, and it highlights a lot of the problems people have in terms of jealousy, sex, attraction, and romance.
Given that a woman is a person, not a possession, then no other guy could swoop in and take her for himself without her also being attracted to him and choosing him as well. Don’t you want a woman to choose you freely, even with other options available to her? And if she did in fact “hang out” with you and a group of your friends and ended up having a fling with one of them, then isn’t it a good thing that two people who like each other follow their desires and have fun with each other? Why should that be something to fear?
Any kind of scheming to try to keep a woman from someone she might be attracted to over you seems to me to indicate a high level of low self-esteem, and indicates what I believe to be a false dichotomy: That a person can only be attracted to one person at a time. (Not that you personally have low self-esteem, but someone who did would conceivably do such a thing.)
In my view, I have no qualms whatsoever with a woman spending time with my friends, or becoming attracted to one or more of them. There is no competition, because love and attraction require free choice – if a woman is going to be attracted to me, then by default it is her free choice and has nothing to do with how I can manipulate situations or keep her away from other people. If anything, that kind of paranoia and low self-esteem will only make me a less attractive person. And at the worst end of that scale, those kinds of people end up being the kind of abusive husbands who try to turn their significant others into virtual house slaves, keeping their wives from having any friends at all because of an extremely jealous fear that they may choose someone else, or be attracted to someone else.
And for me, there is no problem with a woman being attracted to multiple different people on different levels. As far as I know, every person (including me) is attracted to multiple other people at any given time. If you and her fit together well, and connect in a deep, romantic way, then it will happen naturally and freely, with no manipulation required, and she will choose you even if you have hot friends (she will find you hotter, if she does. That’s an important tautology). It’s really important to drop the fear over those sorts of things. If anything, that fear and jealousy and attempt to keep a person away from someone else, end up being detractors and roadblocks that prevent women from being attracted to you.