Email Notification of Replies

Hello,

Don’t know who can check on this function, but I am no longer getting email notification of replies to threads that I have subscribed to by participating. I double checked my settings in my control panel and I have the right check box checked, but I’m not getting email notification of replies. Is there a fix for this malfunction?

Thanks!

I have the same problem with threads I manually subscribed to, so it’s unlikely to be a problem with your settings.

There is currently a large backlog of emails coming from another site on this server. I just ordered a brand new server to ease the load.

Update: the March 2 emails are still in the queue. I’m still working on the backlog.

If you’ve started getting post notifications, please let me know.

Update: the March 2 emails are still in the queue. I’m still working on the backlog.

If you’ve started getting post notifications, please let me know.

Thank you for working on a solution, but I am not yet receiving any email notification of replies. If there was a backlog, I haven’t received any of those either, and no new ones.

I suppose the Metablog is not updating for the same reason. (Unless nothing happened this week.)

The mail backlog is now fixed.

The mail backlog is now fixed.

Yes, well the damn has burst! I just got 26 email notifications of replies :lol:

Thanks for fixing that.

I got the past qued email that was jammed in the system, but I have not yet received any new email replies to at least two threads I am subscribed to by participating.

Please, chase that butterfly out from between the relays :o

Thanks!

Email Notifications have not resumed after the last batch.

All email was broken due to some setting changes I made. It should be OK now.

All email was broken due to some setting changes I made. It should be OK now.

Thanks for fixing it!

For those of you using email filters, it looks like the from header has changed from:

“Objectivism Online Forum” <[email protected]>

to:

“Objectivism Online Forum” <[email protected]>

I use email filters to organize my email automatically. Since I use “objectivismonline.net” as my filter logic test, the change didn’t effect me, but it might effect others.

Email notifications are again blocked for some reason. Almost exactly one year after the last time.

Email notifications are again blocked for some reason. Almost exactly one year after the last time.

I’m not recieving email notifications of replies either, and I find that feature very handy for keeping up with replies. Please fix it :smiley:

Thanks!

The intent is to move the site to a different host in a matter of weeks. Once its there, email should start working again. Meanwhile, I’m not sure if GreedyCapitalist will fix the current one.

The email should be running now.

The email should be running now.

Yes and no, it’s giving a weird email address for the from header: [email protected]

As long as it is going to be consistant, I can live with it and change my email filters to accomodate the new email address, but I prefer it to say objectivismonline.net.

Thanks for the effort.