Email Notification Of Replies

Even though every time I post to this forum I see a box checked saying “You are already receiving email notifications for this topic,” I never do receive any email notifications to threads where subsequent replies are made. I do glance through my spam folder a few times a week - so the problem is not that they are being swallowed by such a filter.

I do know that the email address in my user profile is valid and that the board’s mail system does work because I DO recieve email notifications whenever someone sends me a Personal Message through the board. I just don’t get similar email notifications for topic replies.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Thanks,

I am having the same problem – no email notifications for replies to topics I’ve participated in even though I select that status for each post and my control panel is set for immediate email notification.

Solution?

Burgess, This is a test, to see if you receive an email version of this post.

Burgess, This is a test, to see if you receive an email version of this post.

Not yet. I will check again in the morning. Thank you.

Still no notification. I have again checked to make sure my email address is correct. It is. The bottom two board preferences (selecting email notifications) are checked under My Controls. I do routinely receive email notifications from forums.4aynrandfans.com. Knowing my past history, I have probably overlooked something obvious. However, it seems Dismuke never found a solution either.

I notice that below this preview window, the OO system is telling me: “You are currently receiving email notification of replies.”

The puzzle remains.

I just now tried UNchecking the Enable Email Notification by Default option.

On the forums.4aynrandfans.com, where I do receive notification, that box, the bottom one of the three, is UNchecked.

Perhaps I have been cancelling the notification by requesting it in two places – My Controls and on the preview window box. Perhaps two “yes” (in effect) result in a “no” notification. I will see.

Here’s a test post to see if your changes made it work.

Unfortunately, no. Laughing, I wonder what I have done to deserve this unique learning opportunity?

In good humor, I should note that the statement, which I see below the Preview box, “You are currently receiving email notification of replies,” should be changed to, “The system is set to SEND you replies, but whether you are RECEIVING them or not is another matter.”

D, thank you for your efforts. I can live with the situation if necessary. Perhaps an answer will emerge in time.

I was playing around with my settings and I just got one notification. Now, I have to figure out what I did to earn the privilege!

How about now?

It worked. .. but, I had also subscribed to this topic specificially.

I’ve unsubscribed to this topic now.

Could you post again here. Let’s see if it works without that.

Here is an observation: On the forums.4aynrandfans.com, I doublechecked My Controls, Email Settings, Board Preferences. There are three check boxes. The first is not checked. The second IS checked. Strangely, the third (Enable Email Notification by Default) is NOT checked. The box inside that is in NO EMAIL NOTIFICATION setting.

Yet I am receiving notification of every email reply to every topic to which I subscribe. Strange.

However, as I said before, I do routinely check the box below the Preview window, the box requesting email notification for replies to the topic.

I have now set my OO.net to the same settings in My Controls, Email Settings, Board Preferences – to see what happens, if anything.

P. S. – I routinely disable emoticons on my own messages. I doubt that has anything to do with this problem, but I mention in the off-chance it might.

testing 1, 2, 3…

One more try: to see if you get this as an email.

No email notification.

But I got an email of your immediately-preceding post. So, I will now compare your settings against mine to see if I can spot any relevant differences.

Do you have the right e-mail addy listed Burgess? You might want to double-check that too.

I have checked the email address visually several times. Just now, I again looked at it in the “Your Account Summary.” Perhaps if someone could go to my profile page and send me an email, that might be a test too.

Okay, I sent one.

I had another thought: could the email be going to your Junk-mail folder?

Half an hour later, no email received.

My Junk-mail folder is empty. I vaguely remember clearing it out a few days ago because I was backing up email folders to a jump-drive. I don’t recall seeing any OO.net messages when I glanced at the content, but of course I wasn’t looking for them either.

I have a Mac mini. I am using Apple Mail. Is it possible my ISP could be deleting all OO.net messages – but not ones from forums.4aynrandfans.com? So far as I know, I am receiving all other email I am supposed to receive.