Email Notification Of Replies

If all else fails, do a little test with some alternate e-mail address (obtained from a different domain). When that still doesn’t work, you’ll know the problem is with OO.

If all else fails, do a little test with some alternate e-mail address (obtained from a different domain). When that still doesn’t work, you’ll know the problem is with OO.

Thank you. I am not sure how to implement that, but I will wait. As you said, “if all else fails.”

In the meantime, I have reset my Preferences for Mail to not trust my ISP’s headers for junk mail. That means my system must also begin relearning what is junk, but I get so little anyway that it shouldn’t be onerous.

Perhaps SN could try sending me another email via OO.net or even directly from another system, if he can read my address from my account.

Thank you. I am not sure how to implement that, but I will wait. As you said, “if all else fails.”

I believe you can do it by going into My Controls , and on the left side under Options Tab you click on Change Email Address option.

Burgess just informed me that he’s getting the OO.net emails. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fresh install of IPB.

For the record, I managed to fix the problem I was experiencing a week or two after I started this thread.

If my memory is correct, what happened in my case is I had “enable email notification by default” option checked in my control panel - but I also had “no email notification” selected from the drop down box next to it. Therefore, since I had email notification enabled by default, I was automatically subscribed to all threads. However, because I had selected “no email notification” the emails I was subscribed to were never sent out. When I changed “no email notification” to “immediate email notification” the problem was corrected.

Interestingly enough, however, I more recently have not been receiving any replies to the Katrina Rabble thread that I started many months ago and has since become active - despite the fact that I am subscribed to it already. However, I have been getting tons of notifications for the “Do Objectivists Tip” thread.