Objectivism Online Forum

Greetings

Rate this topic

Hello,

My name is Sarah Beth. I've been lurking here for a while and I decided finally to join. I'm 24 and I first read "P:WNI" three or four months ago. I was hooked and have since bought the whole standard library and read Atlas, Fountainhead, Anthem, ITOE and am currently reading The Voice of Reason. I can't get enough. I don't even want to read anything else these days although I try to make myself from time to time just for some diversification. I plan to apply to ARI this fall. Since first reading Ayn I've been newly inspired and am returning to college this fall to complete my degree in Business. I'm eager to meet all of you and to learn from you (I have been already) :thumbsup:

Hello,

My name is Sarah Beth. I've been lurking here for a while and I decided finally to join. I'm 24 and I first read "P:WNI" three or four months ago. I was hooked and have since bought the whole standard library and read Atlas, Fountainhead, Anthem, ITOE and am currently reading The Voice of Reason. I can't get enough. I don't even want to read anything else these days although I try to make myself from time to time just for some diversification. I plan to apply to ARI this fall. Since first reading Ayn I've been newly inspired and am returning to college this fall to complete my degree in Business. I'm eager to meet all of you and to learn from you (I have been already)  :thumbsup:

You are exactly the same age as I was when I first started. 5 years of reading and re-reading. I'm 39 now and I will still pick up her books on occasion.

It's very nice to meet you.

I can't get enough. I don't even want to read anything else these days although I try to make myself from time to time just for some diversification. I plan to apply to ARI this fall.

Hehe, I know what you mean. Right after I read Atlas, all other books seemed so boring. But one can only read it so many times before one starts to learn it by heart. :D But I am the same way with Harry Potter and other books I like. I read it once, read it again, and then maybe I move on to something else.

What do you mean by "applying to ARI"? Do you mean to the philosophy school, or for a job at the institute? Just curious...

Since you are going to college, do you know about ARI's essay contest on Atlas Shrugged?

Here's a link:

http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pag..._contests_atlas

I wanted to enter, but I'm not old enough :worry:. I'm doing the one on Anthem.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

edited by me to fix a punctuation error :D

What do you mean by "applying to ARI"? Do you mean to the philosophy school, or for a job at the institute? Just curious...

Since you are going to college, do you know about ARI's essay contest on Atlas Shrugged?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:worry: , nice to meet you. I plan to apply to the undergraduate courses, they have them in Philosophy and Writing I believe all as one set. I have already started working on my essay :thumbsup:

You know what they say about great minds..... :D

Welcome to the board, Miss Francon-Beth. ;)

Haha, yeah, I have both names, one at home (Dominique) and one at work. I forgot I was in as Dominique when I replied ;)

That's awesome that you are applying to ARI's school. You've started your essay already?? Your more on top of things than me.  I've only read the prompts, and I re-read Anthem but that's it.

Well, I'm not far in it, I will probably take all the way until Sept to finish because I want to go back through Atlas with a fine tooth comb. I've read some of the past winners essays and you really have to be on top of things. I'm just having such a great time with her stuff though that it's a pleasure.

Welcome :-)

I just received my masters in Information Systems in December and am considering an MBA in a year or two. Which degree are you getting?

Haha, yeah, I have both names, one at home (Dominique) and one at work. I forgot I was in as Dominique when I replied ;)

Why use two names?

Welcome :-)

I just received my masters in Information Systems in December and am considering an MBA in a year or two.  Which degree are you getting?

Why use two names?

I'm getting my BS in Business Admin.

I didn't really mean to have two names, but your system wouldn't let me change my screen name once I had registered and so I re-signed up with Sarah Beth, which I plan to use since it's the name on my blog, and actually my name.

I was accidentally signed in as Dominique from home though already and started responding to posts before i realized, so it seems now I've confused things, and to add to it I've become partial to Dominique again-ahh indeciveness, but I'll pick one and use that to avoid confusion. ;)

so it seems now I've confused things, and to add to it I've become partial to Dominique again-ahh indeciveness, but I'll pick one and use that to avoid confusion. :)

Now if you had the spunk to call yourself Dominique, will you please have the grit to stick with it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

RE :

Hello,

My name is Sarah Beth. ..... am returning to college this fall to complete my degree in Business. I'm eager to meet all of you and to learn from you (I have been already) :confused:

Sarah Beth,

I am a Sacramento Objectivist.

Are you aware there are Sacramento groups that address this philosophy?

Robert Weinstein

post-1152-1106544177_thumb.jpg

RE :

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. I'm not in Sacramento, maybe you thought since I am applying to ARI? I will have to take it long distance since I am in FL. On that note though I would be interested to know of any groups in FL, I saw another thread on this but it was north FL and I'm South.