Objectivism Online Forum

Ayatollah Declares: America Is A Paper Tiger

Rate this topic

Sorry, I walked away with that idea but he dosn't openly declare it (after re-watching). Anyways, he thinks that America and Britain aren't as strong as they profess to be. (?) At least nobody can deny Iran's REAL intentions after seeing this.

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_...D=42396&ak=null

This is another that shows most of the civilians aren't impartial

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_...D=42329&ak=null

Could someone tell me who these people are? Certainly not goverment officials?

Why are you certain? The first clip is Ali Khamenei, who is the Supreme Leader of Iran. This is a constitutional position, and he is the Head of State in Iran. He runs the country, as did his predecessor Khomeini. The President of Iran postion is a temporary figurehead.

I was in fact not certain at all. I apologize for a missing please in the first sentence. Thank you for the response. I must take some time to digest these videos.

One must strongly wonder how capable they are of confliction damage. They must clearly be held back by their open denial of obvious facts, and their refusal to deal with reality.

Just a few things of interest to note:

Notice how the absolute majority of those who chant do it with a bored or a cynic look in their eyes. You don't hear a lot of enthusiasm in their voice, as they are reciting dictated words.

Most Iranians know that they are being lied to. The most popular TV and radio stations in Iran are foreign ones, despite them being illegal. The Internet, even though censored, is carrying the real news inside.

The people you see there are under threat of death, if they let their real opinions be known.

Unlike Iraqis - Iranians are ready and anxious to overthrow their evil regime. All the more reason to start with them.

Just a few things of interest to note:

Notice how the absolute majority of those who chant do it with a bored or a cynic look in their eyes. You don't hear a lot of enthusiasm in their voice, as they are reciting dictated words.

Most Iranians know that they are being lied to. The most popular TV and radio stations in Iran are foreign ones, despite them being illegal. The Internet, even though censored, is carrying the real news inside.

The people you see there are under threat of death, if they let their real opinions be known.

Unlike Iraqis - Iranians are ready and anxious to overthrow their evil regime. All the more reason to start with them.

Yes, this is just a part of the Iranian government's propaganda war. If you want to know what most people in Iran really think, check out this article.

(Caveat: The site of this article is a highly partisan site. I usually take what they say with a grain of salt. However, I read several Iranian English-language blogs, as well as the site mentioned in the article, and I know that the article is true.)