Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

My New Blog Site

RationalEgoistSG
    By RationalEgoistSG,
    I would like to inform you all of the creation of my very own blog site! http://rationalegoist.rationalmind.net/

disallowing anonymous posts

Gabriel
    By Gabriel,
    Shouldn't we disallow anonymous/guest posting, to avoid getting flamed or annoyed by all kind of idiots? I'd suggest this policy for ALL sites on the internet (vs. intranet sites, that is). Registration is fast and painless. If someone wants to ask us about the difference between nihilism and Objectivism, let him work for it a bit :-) ...just a suggestion.

Gabriel

Gabriel
    By Gabriel,
    Hello! My name is Gabriel. I live in Bucuresti, Romania, and I'm 20 years old. I work as a programmer (Java, enterprise computting, etc), and I'm currently single. I've started studying Objectivism about 6 months ago, and have since tried to purchase as many of Ayn Rand's books as possible. I know that my intro sound dry, but there's not much to say. If you want to contact me, you can find at at [email protected] or on ICQ: 158810179, or, better yet, join #aynrand on Undernet.

Software: Databases

John
    By John,
    Is anyone interested in database design. I've been learning about databases for a few months and I think its like objectivism (identitys and relationships). I really like it but I'm alway arguing with people about things like difference between multi-valued attributes and composite attributes. For examply a date attribute is a single valued composite attribute. It represents one date but is a composite of day, month and year. The same is true for an address. So if your interested in da

R.Tracinski on FoxNews

Gabriel
    By Gabriel,
    Has anyone seen dr. Tracinski's interview on FoxNews, about Martha Steward. I barely missed it, and I can't find a transcript anywhere. How was it? Any interesting referenced to Objectivism, or ARI? Was there anything different from his "tall poppies" article on ARI's MediaLink?

It's fanofayn :)

fanofayn
    By fanofayn,
    Hi, I am a long time objectivist from New York. I attend Binghamton University, where I am frequently repulsed by the massive liberal/communist movement on campus. There are two campus papers, "Off," the communist rag, and "The Binghamton Review," the vehicle of conservative dribble. I read both, take what I can, and disregard the rest (they are "free", AKA paid for by ME and the rest of the students in one of the many fees we pay). I am often struck by how these two feel they are juxtaposed

Hey, NeoRand4774

Wilderness
    By Wilderness,
    NeoRand4774, I've been following your argument with DonGalt and I appreciate the way you express your ideas. You are better than I in that respect, but I'm learning. Anyway, you mentioned being a philosophy and poli sci major. There is one subject that I have not found any Objectivist material on, and it has been bugging me because I am unsure of some of my conclusions. Like I said, I'm still learning. And, of course, unlearning a bunch of the false ideas that are floating around out t

Leaving

fanofayn
    By fanofayn,
    I just wanted to make it known that I'm leaving for two months and won't really have access to a computer. Being involved in so many of the debates herein, I didn't want anyone thinking I am not answering their challenges, I am merely going to be absent for a short while. I have been having such a great time here and I look forward to the kind of debates AND discussions I will be returning to. See you soon! (Mid-august, to be exact.)

Hello Objectivists

PlasticCarrot
    By PlasticCarrot,
    Hi, my name is Rebecca Artis, and I'm graduating from the U Of Arizona in Tucson this May. I'm glad this forum is available, I've been here once but haven't come back in a while, I hope it has gotten off the ground. Best, Rebecca

A New Name

RationalEgoistSG
    By RationalEgoistSG,
    I've decided to change the name that I use because it is not right to label myself with Rand's name because only she has the right to do that. So from now on, my post name will be RationalEgoistSG, and you can find me on AIM there.

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS