Objectivism Online Forum

Rubert Murdoch and NEWSCORP!

Rate this topic

Mammon

I respect him as a businessmen, and i'll admit he is successful.

But, damn, I hate News Corp and everything it touches. I think it's run by idiots, to make products for idiots. Everytime they get something good they throw it out (Futurama, Family Guy, they've been trying to boot Simpsons for a long time)...

Fox News and MySpace are irritating beyong belief. I guess my frustrations blew up the other day when I saw Bill O'Reilly blast other news stations for pushing the "secular-progressive agenda" and then ended his little smug rant saying that Fox is making a business channel and it's going to kill CNBC.

News Corp and Murdoch are trying to get the Wall Street Journal. I really like the Wall Street Journal, I don't want it to have the front page looking something like this

"OMFG PEOPLES IS NOT CHRISTIANS ENOUGH!!!!! FREEDOM IS RELIGION!!! WE REPORT YOU DECIDED...if you decide against us you're an evil secular-progressive who thinks kids should fuck goats and child molestors should get free houses and sports cars.... CELEBRITY SCANDAL!!!ADD GLITTER LETTERS TO YOUR PROFILE!!!TAKE THIS QUIZ WHICH CELEBRITY SCANDAL ARE YOU!!! BODY LANGUAGE SEGMENT!!!!TERRORISTS ARE EVIL BECAUSE THEY ARENT CHRISTIANS!!!!CAPITALISM IS ABOUT SARCRIFICE TO GOD!!!! CAPLOCKS UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY!!!ATHEISTS DONT EXIST!!!REPUBLICANS ARE NEVER WRONG!!! GEORGE BUSH IS THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER!!!!! GEORGE BUSH IS CHIRSTIAN ENOUGH!!!! DEMOCRATS ARE UGLY!! DONT VOTE FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY ARENT GOOD-LOOKING!!! RICK WARREN IS AMERICAS PASTOR AND THE MOST HUMBLE MAN ON EARTH ALTHOUGH HE STILL POCKETS A TAXFREE 10 MILLION A YEAR!!!!WE FIRED ALL THE WRITERS AND REPLACED THEM WITH DUMB GOODLOOKING CHRISTIAN PEOPLE!!! HOLYFUCKINGJESUSCHRISTONASTICK WE HAS MORE RATINGS THEN EVERYONE ELSE!!! FAIR AND BALANCED.... as long as you vote Republican. DID WE MENTION OUR RATING?!! BIGGEST RATINGS EVAR WE IS WINNING AT THE RATINGS WAR GUYS!! ITS A WAR AND WE BE IS BEST AT IT LOLOLOLOL VOTE REPUBLICAN!!! ...."

You get the drift...

Fox New's business news always seems to be anything that doesn't have to do with business. Everytime I watch it's either Cavuto ranting about how un-Christian greedy CEOs can be or how voting Democrat means the terrorists win. Maybe I tuned in at the wrong moments, but it really horriable.

At least CNBC talks about business-related thing -- all damn day. I'm a Business Management/Economics major and I prefer CNBC and the WSJ way way way way more then any News Corps shits out. Everything News Corp touches seems to turn to crap, quality-wise. It's successful because I think they really know how to appeal to the massive crowds of stupid people out there. News Corp just smells like the New York Banner to me...

Also, I hate seeing people refer to Murdoch as "The Last Tycoon" ... if Murdoch is the last one, that's fucking depressing. Plus, i'm not on the scene yet. I'll make a media company one day and it will blow the hell out of News Corp.

Just wait and see.

I love capitalism, I love business, but damn... I hate News Corp!

Fox News reminds me, more and more over the past year or so, of the Wynand papers.

Exactly man. This thought has occurred to me many, many times.

Thing is, Murdoch, being the shrewed businessman he is, most likely doesn't even believe in any of the crap his outlet puts out. It seems like all he does is make massive amounts of money by nurturing and promoting the most irrational parts of the masses, when he could be doing so much more with his multi-media conglomerate.

I'm not really happy with any of the media or news outlets, TV or print. I occasionally enjoy the WSJ, but the only thing that a newspaper is really good for, is my grocery coupons or lining an animal's cage. If I could do the same with TV news, I would.

Fox News reminds me, more and more over the past year or so, of the Wynand papers.

That's EXACTLY my point. That's why I said they smell like the New York Banner!

I can tolerate the left-wing bias a little more because, now, it's like this...

"We have a leftist bias sometimes... yeah, but we do present good points from two opposing viewpoints. But we're not going to lie, we do prefer the lefists a more, on average..."

as compared too...

"BIAS!?! BIAS!?! EVERYONE IS ELSE TEH BIAS!! VOTING DEMOCRAT MEANS THE TERRORISTS WIN!! THATS NOT BIAS THATS PURE LOGIC IT EVEN SAYS 'THOU SHALL NOT VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT' IN THE BIBLE!!! ITS IN THE 'BOOK OF REAGAN' YOU CAN LOOK IT UP! WERE NOT BIAS!! WE HAS 'FAIR AND BALANCED' AND 'WE REPORT! YOU DECIDE!! BUT WE HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DECIDED OR ELSE YOU IS NOT GOING TO BE GLUED TO OUR NETWORK!! BALANCED IS THE NEW BIAS

FOX NEWS ALERT!!--A IS NON-A! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!"

Fox New's bias is wrapped up in catchy slogans and overbearing graphics with nothing to back up but smugness... pure smugness..

It makes it incredibly unbearable.

Fox itself though, does have some excellent programming like 24, House, The Simpsons, and Family Guy (though this last can venture into the tasteless).

True. But, didn't 24 run one or twos season and was cancelled for awhile? I remeber they got rid of it and brought it back because people we really upset... I might have my facts wrong though. But, the producers have been at odds with the creators of Simpsons for years and they have been complaing about each other for a long time.

Look at Family Guy and Futurama, they are great but Fox cancelled them and threw them out. Then Adult Swim and other stations picked them up and they KNEW they were good... when they showed how good they were, Fox came running back and bitched and whinned until they got them back. It's really despicable.

It's like watching someone buying a new sports car, wrecking and saying "This car is dumb, it doesn't work!" and then selling it.... and then someone buys it, fixes it up and makes it better then before and the original owner comes back saying "THATS MINE!!! ITS MINE!!! I SAW IT FIRST!!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!"

And let's not forget canceling Firefly and not selling the rights.

I thought i'd that before! Again, when they get something good they usually can it. It's like "Smart? Enganging? An appropriate amount of drama? NOT ON MY NETWORK!! WE NEED MORE MIND-NUMBING STUPIDY!!"

Seriously, I think I lost all hope during the Anna Nicole Smith thing. One day I literally told my friends "Hey guys, i'm turning on the T.V. ... if someone on here mentions Anna Nicole Smith within the first 10 seconds i'll kill myself." I turn it and it's on Fox News and the first thing to come out of the speakers is "THE OREILLY FACTOR IS ON! TONIGHT! ANNA NICOLE SMITH BLAH BLAH..."

I swear, i've never seen anyone laugh harder then my friends did. It was one of the most hilarous and pathetic moments in my life. My friends were like "Well... i'll go find you a gun, or do you want to jump out the window?!"

:)

The point is... it's so depressing and frustrating to see so much time, money and attention devoted to such a non-issue. Fox News were leading the charge into this madness as well...

Look at Family Guy and Futurama, they are great but Fox cancelled them and threw them out. Then Adult Swim and other stations picked them up and they KNEW they were good... when they showed how good they were, Fox came running back and bitched and whinned until they got them back. It's really despicable.

Fox hasn't asked for Futurama back, Comedy Central did.

But, didn't 24 run one or twos season and was cancelled for awhile? I remeber they got rid of it and brought it back because people we really upset... I might have my facts wrong though. But, the producers have been at odds with the creators of Simpsons for years and they have been complaing about each other for a long time.

I don't think this is the case. The show has run regularly since it started in 2001, and has been nominated each season for best drama (and won once) except for the abysmal sixth season. I don't think it was every cancelled.

I don't think this is the case. The show has run regularly since it started in 2001, and has been nominated each season for best drama (and won once) except for the abysmal sixth season. I don't think it was every cancelled.

Maybe you were thinking of Family Guy? Which did get canceled and brought back.

Fox hasn't asked for Futurama back, Comedy Central did.

Really?... Then I was told wrong and believed it, I stand corrected. :unsure: Still, they still had something good and did not let it grow to it's full potential. It's a dumb business decision.

Oh, Lazlso, I don't what the fuck I was thinking when it came to 24. There is a show that was good that Fox wanted to cancel it but fans complained so much so they didn't. I looked it up and turns out, it was Americas Most Wanted I was talking about... :dough:

"In 1996, when Fox wanted to cancel 'America's Most Wanted,' the public brought it back," Walsh said.

Sorry, don't even ask how I got AMV and 24 mixed up.

Also, they are rumoured to be talking about cancelling the OC, another show whose death would outrage people to no end.

[i hope this doesn't get attached to my post above, I want them seperate.]

Anyways, perhaps I spoke to soon. Fox News has got to be the most stupid media outlet ever created...

Yeah, it's a local station but come on, "LULZ is a corruption of L-O-L" is like bending over and begging to be raped and killed. It's... just... so....dumb.... Besides the fact that it's glaringly obvious whats 'lulz' means, they have to put it up in HUGE RED LETTERS. It's ridiculous.

They talk about the football stadium bomb threats which were denounced when they were made and it wasn't like some kind of organized thing. One guy got on this site and said he was going to do it and it was taken as a joke, but don't blame the damn site for it. These sites, are Anon because you don't have to register or anything, just type in a box and go. They call Anon super hackers when most everyone on these sites can't hack at all, they raid public sites and repeat dumb things they picked off the site...

The original site wasn't as horriable, it was an inside-joke kind of deal, you weren't supposed to talk about it and it wasn't to be taken seriously. Then people talked about it and spread the jokes all over the Internet and more and more people became Anon. Soon, anon was too big for it's pants and decided to takes it's troubles out on the sources all the new people coming it... "Internet hate machine" as the brilliant genius spinmasters at Fox described. But, people would get on, see the things posted and repost them on the Internet and claim it as their own. Anon was upset, but with the original people in the same masks as the new people, no one knew who was who anymore.

It spun out of control from there. People's IPs were banned and they made their own websites... like the one with the /I/ board featured on Fox. Which, isn't the same place as the original. Of course this isn't mentioned by Fox, because backround stories and facts don't appeal to them.

Anon's bad, no doubt about. However, they did take Hal Turner off the air... Hal was a racist scumbag who had it coming...

It's bizarre, stupid and you'll go insane trying to comprehend it's irrationalism, but Fox covering it like this only walked straight into Anon's hands. They're admitting how foolish they are and how they refuse to cover the entire story, no mention of Turner was ever made. No mention was ever made about how most people "raided,lol" were internet tough guys who also had it coming. It doesn't excuse. But it's like an alligator, don't walk up to it and expect to have sex with it and come out alive.

Yeah, its out-of-control, in fact, the true original members say it's dead because so many people have come and turned it into something it's not. They treat it like it's a Fight Club-super-secret-little cult they belong too. The owner tries to get rid of these type of people. Fox News didn't report that either, they just said it was a secret little base for internet hate machine super hackers.... Not a bunch of self-hating normally harmless, but armed with Internet, immature people. The point is, the behavior of some stupid people is not officially endorsed by some of these sites (eBaum does, eBaum broods these stuff... it's all their fault, they are part of the reason so many people came to the original site... :unsure: ). But Fox's story never really mentions any of this. They use catchy phrases that now turned into memes -- "INTERNET HATE MACHINE!!" -- and then used scare tatics to make you think these people are coming at you.

Unless you go out there and give them a reason to harm you, or your easily offended and take their shit seriously, you have nothing to fear! They are some people who are sedastic nihilists, if you don't take them seriously, they can't get a good laugh at your reaction and you're no log That doesn't mean their behavior is right or justified, it means, learn to protect yourself and don't be stupid on the internet. Oh, and I love how she buys a dog, that'll keep the Internet away from you!!!!!!oneonewun111.

This officially makes Fox the laughing stock of the Internet.

While on the subject I wanted to bring in a few YTMNDs I found...

http://foxnewsalert.ytmnd.com/ :dough::lol::lol: ... see why I can't them seriously?

This ones more serious--

http://foxmemo.ytmnd.com/

I wonder if it's real, because if it is, it's REAL Fair and Balanced...