Objectivism Online Forum

(In)justice in Saudi Arabia

Rate this topic

By Dan Edge from The Edge of Reason,cross-posted by MetaBlog

I came across a truly disgusting article today on Foxnews.com: 19-Year Old Saudi Rape Victim Ordered to Undergo 200 Lashes. Some excerpts:

---------------

"A 19-year-old female victim of gang rape who initially was ordered to undergo 90 lashes for "being in the car of an unrelated male at the time of the rape," has been sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail for telling her story to the news media.

The court last year sentenced the six heavily-armed men who carried out the attack against the Shiite woman to between one and five years for committing the crime. But the judges had decided to punish the woman further for "her attempt to aggravate and influence the judiciary through the media," a court source told the Arab News.

Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine that forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public."

---------------

So the men who gang-raped this girl might get as little as a year in prison, while the victim is imprisoned, beaten, and humiliated by the Saudi government for "being in the car of an unrelated male." I am beyond disgusted. This kind of thing makes my blood boil. The Saudis deserve the very worst of our ire. What more evidence do we need that they are our enemies, not our allies? They are nothing more than 3rd world barbarians who stole a fortune in oil wealth from American companies back in the 50's.

Saidi Arabia is the spiritual heart of Sunni Islam (the same sect as Osama bin Laden), and as such they are our #2 enemy next to Iran.

Death to Islamic Totalitarianism!

--Dan Edge

View the full article

Anyone here know how hard it is to drill through oil when the ground is covered with a crust of radioactive green glass?

The drilling itself is as easy. Surviving the effects of the green glass, now, is a different matter.

But what I'd really like to see is the advent of commercial hydrogen fuel cells, alsong with a wide hydrogen distribution network. That would really make them mad, and leave them powerless.

Not important, since we wouldn't nuke the oil fields. Aim for Jiddah-Mecca and Riyadh.

Have you considered the posibility that the victim in question is likely to be one of the six million residents of Mecca and Riyadh? That doesn't seem very sympathetic to her case..

Have you considered the posibility that the victim in question is likely to be one of the six million residents of Mecca and Riyadh? That doesn't seem very sympathetic to her case..

Frankly, she's probably better off dead. I would rather be dead than live like that. (I mean c'mon...a rape victim being punished?!) And future generations would be better off as well...just like Japan.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this story. The Saudi king pardoned the rape victim.

Justice Minister Abdullah bin Mohammed al-Sheik defended the courts, saying the pardon does not mean the king doubted the country's judges, but that he was acting in the ''interests of the people.''''The king always looks into alleviating the suffering of the citizens when he becomes sure that these verdicts will leave psychological effects on the convicted people, though he is convinced and sure that the verdicts were fair,'' al-Sheik said, according to by Al-Jazirah.