Objectivism Online Forum

Finally!

Rate this topic

KevinDW78

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450759,00.html

WASHINGTON — A government task force has come up with its solution for lengthy airline delays that often keep passengers stranded on the tarmac for hours:

It decided to let the airlines solve the problem for themselves.

Who'd a thunk! I won't hold my breath that the mentality will carry over into other industries though.

Sounds like the Airline industry (and others) need a Cromwell...

“You have sat too long for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450759,00.html

Who'd a thunk! I won't hold my breath that the mentality will carry over into other industries though.

Easy for the government to say now. First they put a straight jacket of regulations around the corporations and than tell them that they can take care of the mess the government has created. Failure is inevitable of course. Now the government (the big we) can pile more of the regulations on top and point the finger at the horrible free market and with that soon own the now defunct corporation or just let them go out of business bemoaning all along how the regulations were not stringent enough. They will choke us all no matter if they stay out or get involved more, because the destruction is already well on its way.

With the G20 meeting I think it is obvious that what is needed, perhaps more than anything else, is a visible proof that LFC is the solution to the economic uncertainty created by government control over the economy.

Leadership by example is the only solution now.

Leadership by example is the only solution now.

It is too early for that I think. The given situation does not allow for that now. We need to have a broader base first to have some support, some of the same thinking. Without this base all attempts will just hit a brick wall. You need a ground swell for this change. I think this base is in the construction phase right now.

Look at the conservatives, they try to go more towards the religious side because in their mind they have failed them. Religion has such a fundamental influence on these people, a moral structure to adhere to. The idea for a religious person to abandon their morals without knowing that morals are not connected to religion is just a wish for us to have. Religion must be dismantled first. My hopes are not great for this to happen soon.