Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivistic graphics

Rate this topic

Johnfloyd6675

Couple of questions...

In the first picture why is there a Celtic Cross in the background, and Why use the EU Flag? You know both of those symbols are pretty much as collectivist as you can get right...

In the second one what are the golf tee looking things supposed to be or represent?

He's a "Christian Objectivist" Zip.

Um, okay... One question though....

How the fuck is that supposed to work? Christian Objectivist? Seriously? You might as well call yourself a Laissez Faire Communist.

Someone missed the part where A is A :rolleyes:

'Objectivistic'? Oh, and those images suck.

Edit: Wow. Just read that thread. Proof right there as to why individuals like Kelley (etc.) who claim Objectivism is an open system, are evil. You end up with faith-junkies like Johnfloyd declaring they're advocates of Objectivism, the philosophy of Reason.

Edited by Grant

Well nail me to a cross and call me jesus, if that don't beat all.. A christian objectivist, just when you think you've seen it all.

Ahem, if you clicked here looking for something other than massive epistemological FAIL, might I suggest the vastly more viable graphics of The Society for the Resurrection of Capitalism, created by Upton Ethelbah. Reason, Reality, Dollar signs, a phoenix rising from the flames.. Note the conspicuous lack of any sacrificial symbolism..

Is that some kind of liberty Fonzie? Lame troll is lame.

Yeah, I'm fonzie because I'm wearing a leather jacket. ha, ha, how terribly clever. If you even looked beyond my avatar you would see I have 164 posts and have been active here for several years, which last time I checked, ≠ troll. If you're going to recycle lame internet cliches like "lame troll is lame", you might want to inquire into their meaning.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the second image posted by the OP, with the guy in the leather jacket and all the random cuneiform.

Oooohhh. Heh, I thought that was a little random for him to be attacking me, and that does make slightly more sense, being that the OP's dude has the full on fonzie garb happening. Sorry IchorFigure, exaltron is very sensitive (and apparently somewhat paranoid) about his leather jacket :lol:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the second image posted by the OP, with the guy in the leather jacket and all the random cuneiform.

Yes, it was nothing against you (or leather jackets, or fonzie for that matter). It's just a very goofy and random juxtaposition of images, in a very goofy and random topic. And yeah, according to this website it's the cuneiform for liberty.

• 2 weeks later...
I think they are Gabriel's Horns calling us to The Lord's glory.

It's a Capitalist symbol, though it's predominantly used by Anarcho-Capitalists. It's pronounced Ama-gi, and it's sumerian cuneiform. It's the first time the word "Freedom" was used, the first time the concept was set down in writing.

From wikipedia:

Ama-gi

The ama-gi is an ancient Sumerian cuneiform word meaning "freedom" or "liberty," the first known usage of the concept in writing. The Ama-gi, while sometimes used as a symbol by anarcho-capitalists, is also used by those who favor more moderate ideologies.[16] Ama-gi literally means "return to the mother," i.e. freed.[17]