Objectivism Online Forum

New Guy from Chicago

Rate this topic

Salve!/ Guten Tag!/ Bonjour!/ Hello there! :)

I am 15 years old, and as the title suggests, live in Chicago. I joined this site a few days ago because I am interested in alternate points of view. Hobbies and intrests of mine include, but are not limited to, swimming, hiking, soccer, writing, playing X-box, sleeping, Magic the Gathering, string theory, politics, and pasta. Also, I have a pet cat. B)

Hah, I used to play Magic: The gathering back when you were an infant. I still have a couple of decks floating around the house.

So, how is Objectivism an "alternate viewpoint"?

Thanks!!

softwareNerd- I am completely new to Objectivism and haven't even touched a book by Ayn Rand. A tough choice, but I'd have to go with the always-tasty lasagna. :wacko:

JMegan- I first picked up Magic from my older cousin, and have been hooked ever since. Objectivism is (to me) an alternate viewpoint since I have little experience with it, but I am interested in learning more about it, as well as philosophies in general.

Edited by Peripeteia