Objectivism Online Forum

Differences between Objectivism and Biblical political theory

Rate this topic

*** Mod's note: Split from another thread. - sN ***

My point was that the concept "power" is irrelevant in a free market, and that exploitation is an anti-concept.

I am new to learning about the differences between Objectivism and Biblical Christianity as it is applied to a system of political philosophy. I ask as I am a blog editor and recently provided some excellent Ayn Rand quotes. My next post will include a brief biography and list of her works and philosophy. I would like to compare and contrast her worldview to that of a Christian, particularly the system Objectivism would provide in providing assistant to the truly indogent.

Edited by softwareNerd
Split thread notice

I am new to learning about the differences between Objectivism and Biblical Christianity as it is applied to a system of political philosophy.
They are infinitely different.
I ask as I am a blog editor and recently provided some excellent Ayn Rand quotes.
A declaration of fact is not a question (nor does it have to do with unions, AFAICT).

They are infinitely different.A declaration of fact is not a question (nor does it have to do with unions, AFAICT).

Oops, don't know how that showed up as a separate line. Anyway, if anyone could provide a few differences to the above question regarding the manner in which Objectivism would suggest where a truly indogent person would seek assistance (as compared to the person with a Biblical worldview).

TruthVeritas, your question is not clear. What exactly are you asking.

I suggest you read this extremely condense introduction to Objectivism (less than one typical printed page) and then ask your question in that context.

"Indogent"? Do you mean indigent/poor? Typically, such a person would turn to employers, to find a job where he can earn a living. If something stops him -- very few cases like this in the world, but there are some -- he would turn to charity of family, friends and strangers.

Edited by softwareNerd