Objectivism Online Forum

An Introduction

Rate this topic

It amazes me how long it took me to come up with the idea of looking on the internet to see if like-minded individuals created a forum based on Objectivism. But anyways, back to the introduction. I'm thirteen years old, half way through 8th grade, and I discovered Ayn Rand about a year ago after my father introduced me to Atlas Shrugged. It took me 3 months to finish Atlas Shrugged after countless times misplacing it (I'm clumsy), and ever since, I've read The Fountainhead, Anthem , ITOE, and PWNI. I'm dying to get away from the people in my school in NY, and hopefully, this place will provide me with a wider understanding of Objectivism and its tenets. I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with all of the members of this forum, and I'm hoping that I will be accepted with open arms.

Wow, so you not only read Atlas Shrugged at 12 (I've heard of one other person who had done so so far, also through introduction to it by his father), but the other big novel by Rand and some of the nonfiction, including ITOE too? Man, you certainly sound like an ambitious kid. Welcome to the forum. There are many nice things and people here to be found, but I also agree that a little caution is still good to have.

Oh, trust me, I'd never take in anything without considering the nature of that which has been spoken, if it even has an intelligible nature. Hypothetically accepting a message and allowing your mind to find the consequences is a good method. But still though, I'll be careful, and thank you all for your warm welcomes :).