Objectivism Online Forum

ObamaCare and how you will react to it

Rate this topic

SapereAude

Honestly, I'm starting to research Graduate Schools. I'm resolved to get my masters in political science and seek out someone who will employ me to help reduce the influence and power of the Statist class in our government. I'd like to end up with a PHD eventually so that I may teach philosophy and political science to students.

Honestly, I'm starting to research Graduate Schools. I'm resolved to get my masters in political science and seek out someone who will employ me to help reduce the influence and power of the Statist class in our government. I'd like to end up with a PHD eventually so that I may teach philosophy and political science to students.

This was my exact plan until I changed it a few weeks ago. I'm going to be a constitutional lawyer and write about the growing immorality and anti-individualism in today's laws.

This was my exact plan until I changed it a few weeks ago. I'm going to be a constitutional lawyer and write about the growing immorality and anti-individualism in today's laws.

I'd be careful... they always come for the educated types first.... <_<

Interesting that Obama's two biggest influences politically (Lincoln, FDR) are the only two to throw aside habeas corpus.

Coincidence?

Since I am from Canada unfortunately I have been living under the "single payer system" my entire life, and yes, it is literally a tax, not only on you being alive, but on you for everyone else being alive as well.. As for what I intend to do, I intend to endorse my local municipal, provincial and federal candidate for the libertarian party as I know that is the only political party today which actually supports freedom and capitalism.

When you go to war against terrorists in the Middle East, you don't mind if the soldier on your right is a Methodist, and the soldier on your left believes in angels or elves, and your captain was an Objectivist but then changed his mind and is now a convinced Utilitarian.

They are your fellowmen and you combat shoulder to shoulder with them for a common cause. Why? Because it is in your best interest to fight for an environment that will lead to better chances of floushing for you and your beloved ones.

In the battle for power, at the ballots, why shouldn't O'is join the Libertarians, even if in the philosophical arena we keep our distance from them?

When you go to war against terrorists in the Middle East, you don't mind if the soldier on your right is a Methodist, and the soldier on your left believes in angels or elves, and your captain was an Objectivist but then changed his mind and is now a convinced Utilitarian.

They are your fellowmen and you combat shoulder to shoulder with them for a common cause. Why? Because it is in your best interest to fight for an environment that will lead to better chances of floushing for you and your beloved ones.

In the battle for power, at the ballots, why shouldn't O'is join the Libertarians, even if in the philosophical arena we keep our distance from them?

I think you've made a better case in the current environment for joining the Republicans. Right now, the most pressing political imperative for anyone who loves freedom is to vote enough Republicans into power that Obama doesn't have carte blanche to do whatever he wants. As far as the Libertarians are concerned, over the years the party has been a complete and total electoral failure. A vote for a Libertarian candidate in all but the smallest local races is a wasted vote.

When you are dealing with a statist of Obama's dismal character, our first priority should be to stop him and the way to do that is to ride the only horse with a chance of winning the race. Right now, that horse is the Republican party.

I would suggest moving close to the border and buying a policy that covers treatment at Mexican hospitals, or buying insurance in Mexico outright. Private hospitals here, especially in big cities, are first class. Local doctors are very good.

Of course, many of the doctors who work here trained or did work in the US to begin with. Innevitably their quality will drop once American healtchare goes down the crapper.