Objectivism Online Forum

Greenpeace takes over BP petrol stations

Rate this topic

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE66Q19U20100727

Greenpeace activists have taken over and shut down nearly all BP petrol stations in London.

No word yet as to the police response to this disgraceful act, just some idiot whiner Greenpeace activists on the radio mouthing off about the evils of oil etc, demanding a move to "green fuel" and others opposing them moaning about the effect on the 'public' - no mention of private property rights from anyone.

So my daughter calls today from London where she lives, to tell me about how Greenpeace is bravely taking on the nasty oil giants , (and knowing she's going to rev me up, sigh).

I ask her, you care about the oil spill in the Gulf, right? (Of course I do!)

And you think that BP spilled the oil on purpose? (Um, well, no I don't.)

So it's a regrettable accident that is going to take plenty of cash to clean up, right? (I guess so.)

Then how the hell is BP going to do the responsible thing if they go bankrupt because those noble heroes at Greenpeace promoted boycotting and blockading their petrol pumps? (...)

--------------

It is very clear that GP and other radical environmentalists care more about political power than they do about the environment, and this latest power play gives their game away, for now, and always.