Objectivism Online Forum

A place without liberals?

Rate this topic

cliveandrews

Is there anywhere on earth that you can go and be untouched by liberals? Where you can just live and be happy without having to see/hear their crap all the time?

Now that Obama's economic policies have failed in miserable fashion, I can see the liberals in the USA mobilizing into class warfare mode, and I fear that they will soon be in the street with their torches and pitchforks. It scares me to think about what they are going to do to what's left of American industry and I just want them to go away and die. What did I do to deserve to live in a country with people like that?

Are liberals like this everywhere? What about in Canada or Australia? I know they have liberals there, too, but are they as aggressive and malicious as the ones here?

Edited by cliveandrews

Canada: pretty much the same as ya'll down south, but there's less ability to get a critical mass of angry lefties in one spot outside of universities and the larger cities. But the media is almost completely left; the only exception being Sun Media/Quebecor (possibly CTV as well, but I don't have cable).

On the other hand, rural areas tend to be more traditional conservatives that still favour leftist policies, ie health care and social programs, just less of it. That's really the only sort of main stream political debate: how much money to throw away to government social programs.

Now that Obama's economic policies have failed in miserable fashion, I can see the liberals in the USA mobilizing into class warfare mode, and I fear that they will soon be in the street with their torches and pitchforks. It scares me to think about what they are going to do to what's left of American industry and I just want them to go away and die.

The most unfortunate thing about them is that they are correct in one of their premises regarding human nature. They are correct in their understanding of how much slavery most of the population will tolerate.

H.L. Mencken said, "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." A small play on the the quote from De Tocqueville, but probably true, and not just applicable to democracies. It's unfortunate, of course, for the people at either end of the bell curve. The good, honest productive ones, who know better, get their rights trampled twice as often and the worst dregs, who by most just accounts should to be subjected to public castration and quartering, get elected to office.

I sympathize but I have no good advice to give you, but this; They'll most likely take from you your whole life. Try to avoid it when you can and never volunteer to give them your pride and happiness with the rest of their ill-gotten gains. It's what they deserve the least and what they want the most and, ironically, it's something they can never really achieve.