Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged: Fawstin on Islam

Rate this topic

Writing in FrontPage Magazine about the need to "call Islam 'Islam'", "recovering Muslim" Bosch Fawstin (via HBL), offers the following bit of clarity in response to some critics:

Non-observant Muslims are not our problem, but neither are they the solution to our problem. Our problem is Islam and its most consistent practitioners. There is nothing in Islam that stays the hand of Muslims who want to kill non-Muslims. If an individual Muslim is personally peaceful, it’s not because of Islam, it’s because of his individual choice, which is why I often say that your average Muslim is morally superior to Mohammad, to their own religion. The very rare Muslim who helps us against Jihad is acting against his religion, but that doesn’t stop some among us from thinking that his choice somehow shines a good light on Islam. It doesn’t. A good Muslim according to us is a bad Muslim according to Islam.

I could have used this degree of clarity about a week ago!

The rest of the piece is similarly good, and I consider it required reading on the War We Should Be Fighting But Aren't. On his blog, Fawstin notes that his piece has generated over a thousand comments, and he invites further discussion.

f you disagree, make your counter-argument and let's keep this conversation going until I win, which means we All win.

So read the whole thing, and discuss it if you wish.

-- CAV

Link to Original