Objectivism Online Forum

Objectivist Living Site: What's Your Opinion?

Rate this topic

I googled Objectivism Online and it said the people running this site are a bunch of hypocritical crybabies. 

I followed the trail to a site called Objectivist Living, where Objectivist Living Stuff by Michael Stuart Kelly informed me that the position of the site is that Objectivism is "dynamic, not static," and they "correct" it.

If the owner of OL wants a committee to amend AR's philosophy, he should call the results something else, and without any hyphens bumping up against Objectivism.

The discussion of whether Objectivism is "open" or "closed" is an oft-recurring topic. Group A says Group B are "orthodox", while Group B says Group A is not Objectivist at all. Search should bring up a few old threads. There's also a sub-forum called "Critics of Objectivism" that has related threads.

Mod hat on:  As for criticism of one forum on another, please don't pursue anything that becomes a cross-forum discussion. Any criticism of OL or a defence of what OL folk are saying about OO, should be posted to OL.

I participate on both sites, and several other people do too. Some OLers have been banned from OO (and vice versa, no doubt) so you'll easily find some harsh words written about the one on the other forum if you make a research project out of it. Big deal.

If you want to debate open/closed system this is probably not a good way to start the discussion.

I'm closing this topic, and pointing to two others that came up via search: 

This topic "Objectivism: Closed system " seems to be the longest thread on the topic, though I'm sure one will find related discussion all over the place.

In addition, there is this series of 5 posts by one member, forming a position-paper of sorts, title "Closed System vs. Open System"

The first one would probably be the appropriate place for an ongoing discussion on the topic.

Edited by softwareNerd