Objectivism Online Forum

I'm psychic, and I can prove it.

Rate this topic

Guest Jonathan

Guest Jonathan

Let's say I were to ask each Objectivist member of this board to write a ten digit number down on a piece of paper and save it. Imagine if I came back a month later and posted a list of each member's name and number, which I could not have possibly determined. Please try as hard as possible to convince yourself that this actually did happen. Please post your supposed reaction. Also, write down a number.

I'm imagining. You supposedly got my number right. Unless we all share numbers beforehand, as far as I am concerned you got only my number right and all the others wrong. If we do share numbers beforehand, that is perhaps how you knew them.

Asking an Objectivist to convince himself of the truth of a proposition he has no way of validating, no evidence in support of it, and no reason at all to suppose is not the best way to use one's time.

My supposed reaction would be: what trick did you use to discover my number?

• 1 month later...

Jonathan,

I'd go back in time and bet you a million dollars that you couldn't do it, and then I'd change my number without letting you know.

Please try as hard as possible to convince yourself that this actually did happen. :)

So, care to make a friendly wager?