Objectivism Online Forum

Mike Tyson

Rate this topic

I had to bring this topic up because this guy is just plain surprising to me. At this point in his life he is nearly 50 million dollars in debt has little hope of paying that off and is miserable and is certainly seems to be on a course to continue the lifestyle that has caused him so many problems.

Here is a guy mentally who is messed up, knows it, seems to want to have some control over how he feels but has a hard time with it. Anyone want to give a crack at an analasys of this strange and troubled person?

I don't mean an answer like "well he's denying reality so obviously that is what it is what it is". I would like to see a non superfical look at it by anyone who thinks they have an idea.

- Fatdogs

I don't know, but after reading a recent interview about him I wouldn't be surprised if he at least attempts suicide. He was pretty down on himself in the interview but now with recent loss who knows what the guy will do?

I can't give you any real insight into the man, but this quote pretty much sums up his view of the world:

"I love to hit people. I love to. Most celebrities are afraid someone's going to attack them. I want someone to attack me. No weapons. Just me and him. I like to beat men and beat them bad."

He seems to be a sociopath, starting his criminal behavior at a very early age. I know he was arrested at 12 for purse snatching. Also, I think he really began to spiral out of control when his trainer Cus D'Amato died in the mid 1980s.

Yes, suicide is a likely possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember watching SportsCenter and they cut to a segement on Tyson and they just flashed his picture and said something to the effect "Mike Tyson: He's just a big dumb animal" and then proceeded with the evenings hockey scores. It was after yet another rape or crime he commited. I think that pretty much sums it up.

It was like something out of the Comprachicos; but instead of an odd shaped kid he was something sub-human incapable of anything other than violence. He is, and I hate not having the right word here, but "soulless". I'll give even money on suicide by cop.