Objectivism Online Forum

Asthma Sufferers Hurting Ozone Layer

Rate this topic

gags

If you ever doubted that environmentalists hate mankind, this story should convince you. The FDA is on track to make the use of CFCs illegal in over the counter asthma inhalers like Primatene Mist. Why? Because the minor amounts of CFCs used as propellants in the inhalers may harm the ozone layer. All you asthma sufferers out there, get ready to be sacrificed for Mother Earth.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/kansascity/ne...y_consumer_news

Some of the newer inhalers actually have this change. The person has to take a sharp breath to get the powdery stuff in, without the help of the gas that squirts it out. My wife and my son both use it. She's fine with it, and he is used to it now; but, we keep having to remind him to take a sharper breath. So, twice a day, ehen I remind my son to do his inhaler, I also curse the environmentalists.

Yep, the last time my doctor re-filled my albuterol he switched it to albuterol HFA which he said the government want's people to start using. I thought that was a weird statement, but I didn't question it because I know how much the government regulates the medical field. That's what it is though, it uses a new propellent that supposedly is more "environmental friendly".