Objectivism Online Forum

Aeon Flux

Rate this topic

I finished watching Aeon Flux today. Overall all, I liked the movie and as I expected it's somewhat "weird". It departs from the MTV animated sequences in several ways, but probably necessarily so because of the change in format.

The basic premise is a Utopian society where something is not quite right. It appears that the government is up to no good, and a secret society of agents are attempting to find out/thwart the governments efforts. Don't think of it as anything like V, and I would posit that it's not pulled off quite as well either.

Without revealing too much of the plot, I'd like to paraphrase something Aeon said that I found to be "Objectivist-friendly" in terms of values and "living" life. At one point in the movie she is talking to the male lead and she says something to the effect, "We were meant to die. It's what makes life worth living."

Has anybody else seen this movie? What did you think?

I enjoyed Aeon Flux, but it was candy. Little to no nutritional value.

Cool sci-fi gadgets, pretty colors & sets, and interesting architectural design always pique my interest ... and I've got a special fondness for movies about hot chicks kicking ass in tight clothes (Resident Evil, Underworld, et al). :)

Objectivist-related? Nah; anything of substance was a bromide at best. But it's a fun ride, and if you're not in the mood to wrap your brain around anything deep, it's an alright flick.

Edited by synthlord