Objectivism Online Forum

Hi!

Rate this topic

I am currently an undergraduate majoring in philosophy. My goal is to go to grad school, get a PhD, and begin an academic career. I want to teach philosophy as well as publish my own work. I have read every book ever published by Ayn Rand and I happen to agree with her on every philosophical issue - for this reason I consider myself an Objectivist.

I am currently an undergraduate majoring in philosophy. My goal is to go to grad school, get a PhD, and begin an academic career. I want to teach philosophy as well as publish my own work. I have read every book ever published by Ayn Rand and I happen to agree with her on every philosophical issue - for this reason I consider myself an Objectivist.

Seems like you are off to a very good start, Patrick.

What do you think of the philosophy courses you have taken so far at your university?

So far, very little of what I have taken has been useful. I am still in the early stages of my education, however. I have over two years to go before I will apply to grad school.

One reason I asked is that a good friend is a second-year student in philosophy and I was quite surprised to hear about some of his really good experiences. He is a very bright student and I was hoping to hear more examples of a positive nature emanating from undergraduate academia.

I did not expect to hear good news, but I hoped for it. :P