1000 posts!

I just noticed that ObjectivismOnline is one of the top ten websites for “Objectivism” according to Google

Deservedly so!

If this site doesn’t become #2 or #3, then something’s wrong with Google.

I join the others in thanking you for creating it. I just recently found it and I LOVE it.

I have 2 questions though:

  1. Where can I find the official rules stating when I turn from novice to junior, and so on?

  2. Do you have some nice graphic buttons to link to your site? (I already added you to my blogroll, but…)

I just noticed that ObjectivismOnline is one of the top ten websites for “Objectivism” according to Google

I’m curious, David…when you started this website, did you expect it to become as big as it has, with hundreds of active members in just over a year, hosting chats with prominent Objectivist intellectuals, etc.? What is your reaction to its success?

  1. Where can I find the official rules stating when I turn from novice to junior, and so on?

I change those on a regular basis, but here is the current setup:

| Title | Min Posts | Pips |
| Newbie | 0 | |
| Novice | 5 | |
| Junior Member | 25 | |
| Member | 100 | |
| Senior Member | 500 | |
| Advanced Member | 1000 | |
| Senior Partner | 5000 | |

Don’t take these too seriously, as the rankings don’t really mean anything.

  1. Do you have some nice graphic buttons to link to your site? (I already added you to my blogroll, but…)

That’s a great idea! I am going to post some banners and buttons below.

I am not a great graphic designer, so I’d love to get some contributions too.

You can view all the banners at:

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/images/banners/

I have a “few” more icons at http://www.rationalmind.net/images/icons/

I’m curious, David…when you started this website, did you expect it to become as big as it has, with hundreds of active members in just over a year, hosting chats with prominent Objectivist intellectuals, etc.?  What is your reaction to its success?

When I started this site, I was sure that there was a lot of untapped potential for an Objectivist community, but I didn’t know how effectively I could tap it. The first six months were slow, and I was worried about getting enough momentum going. I have you to thank for keeping the discussions flowing during that time.

I always wanted this to be much more than a forum, and Steve provided the vision and content for the site to really take off. There’s been more new users, posts, and hits in the last two months than the year before that.

Obviously, I am very pleased with the success. I have been pondering what steps to take next, including new features, spin-offs, and events, and such. One of my biggest objectives is to get more people involved in contributing content and running the site, because I won’t be a student for much longer, and may not have time to keep things up to date. As I’ve said from the start, I think the value of the web as a marketplace of ideas is tremendous and growing, so there are still many opportunities we can take advantage of.

Don’t take these too seriously, as the rankings don’t really mean anything.

Sure, to you they don’t mean anything. Your an admin! :smiley:

But I want those 6 blue squares so bad!!! :slight_smile:

Oh, and thank you for the banners. I just posted one in my site. I think of adding another somewhere…

BTW - If we are in the business of good ideas - did you think of syndicating not just the blog - but the forums themselves?

BTW - If we are in the business of good ideas - did you think of syndicating not just the blog - but the forums themselves?

That’s a great idea. Here are all the feeds for the site:

Update: I moved this info to http://ObjectivismOnline.com/content/view/91/2/

Cool. :slight_smile:

…The first six months were slow, and I was worried about getting enough momentum going.  I have you to thank for keeping the discussions flowing during that time.

And I have you to thank for providing me with a forum to discuss my ideas during that time!

I love this site. This summer, Im spending my entire 3 months away from personal interaction with all of the Objectivists I know, but I can come to this site and meander through reading posts and be equally as fulfilled. Thanks for making it, and thanks for making it a success.

…I predict that in another year we will have surpassed the 10,000 posts mark.

Well, this is 10,000 posts. My prediction of three months ago doesn’t seem quite as bold now as it did at the time. :frowning:

WOW!! 10,000 posts. Congratualtions you guys!! This is simply awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

GC, this must beat most of your expectations. Well, lets hope there are miles to go before this forum sleeps :smiley:

dinesh.

WOW!! 10,000 posts. Congratualtions you guys!! This is simply awesome :lol:

GC, this must beat most of your expectations. Well, lets hope there are miles to go before this forum sleeps :smiley:

dinesh.

I surely hope so, too.

The admins here have hit a success!

Seems like they’ve done most everything right!

I just noticed that we now have over 500 registered members–most of whom have posted (and more than once). Will the growth never stop?! :lol:

According to what I heard, there are more than 20,000 registered Objectivists in the US alone, so… :lol:

According to what I heard, there are more than 20,000 registered Objectivists in the US alone, so… :lol:

Registered with what?

Registered with what?

You don’t know about the registration procedure? Then you must be one of those undocumented Objectivists. :smiley:

You don’t know about the registration procedure?

All you need to do is send $10 to the following address–

No, not really. :wink:

Wonder how many are “registered” in India??

I hope I’m not the only one, though it sometimes feels that way :wink:

dinesh.

Wonder how many are “registered” in India??

I hope I’m not the only one, though it sometimes feels that way :slight_smile:

Certainly not! There are LOADS of Objectivists in India including some who subscribe to my CyberNet.

Up until she died a few years ago, Tara Malkani was the organizer and leader of a large community group in Mumbai. There are also many Objectivists in Bangalore.

According to ARI, one of the finalists in the 2002 Fountainhead Essay Contest was Sravana Reddy at the Mallya Aditi International School in Bangalore, and Rujvi Kamat of Mithibai College, Mumbai, Minu Singh at the Convent of Jesus and Mary School in New Delhi, and Bhumika Pant of Martiniere Girls’ College in Lucknow were semi-finalists in 2003.

There are also these ARI-supported campus clubs:

S.P. Jain Institute of Management

Mumbai, India

Bhavna Sharma

[email protected]

Objectivist Club (Beacon)

Hyderabad, India

G. Aditya Teja

[email protected]

___

You are NOT the only Objectivist in India.

Am I to understand everyone who asked about the registration process DOES NOT hold the official Objectivist license? :slight_smile:

Now really - I think I heard the 20,000 statistics from ARI… And it probably DID have something to do with sending 10$ or so to some address in California. :wink: