Objectivism Online Forum

My One-thousandth Post!

Rate this topic

Thanks to Ash Ryan going on vacation, I was able to creep ahead of him and now I have become the first to make a total of 1000 posts to this forum. This post is my one-thousandth and I here commemorate it! ;)

(I can't wait to see this post appear so that I can see what happens after "Senior Member" status. Yikes, what if nothing changes! :yarr: )

Thanks to Ash Ryan going on vacation, I was able to creep ahead of him and now I have become the first to make a total of 1000 posts to this forum. This post is my one-thousandth and I here commemorate it!  ;)

(I can't wait to see this post appear so that I can see what happens after "Senior Member" status. Yikes, what if nothing changes!  :yarr: )

Wow. I see now that after 1000 posts I have become an "Advanced Member." How satisfying. :D Now I am going to go swimming in our pool with Betsy and my golden retriever Cali!

Guest jrshep

Very impressive Stephen, impressive in quantity and certainly in quality, and I always look forward to reading what you have to say. Your posts here go a long way towards making this forum worthwhile. Thank you for that.

P.S. I tried a bit of humor in my previous post on this thread; hopefully you understood. I may be right behind you, but the distance is in miles.

Very impressive Stephen, impressive in quantity and certainly in quality, and I always look forward to reading what you have to say. Your posts here go a long way towards making this forum worthwhile. Thank you for that.

Thank you, John. I appreciate that.

P.S. I tried a bit of humor in my previous post on this thread; hopefully you understood. I may be right behind you, but the distance is in miles.

I got the humor, but the distance is not as great as you think.

Guest jrshep
Oh, you're the one. I keep looking over my shoulder ...  :D

Touche' :)

Thank you, John. I appreciate that.

You are certainly welcome, but the gratitude is mostly mine.

I got the humor, but the distance is not as great as you think.

Glad you got the humor.

You're past 1000 posts; I've just passed 10 posts (more or less, depending on how one counts). But perhaps you're right afterall. Who knows? After all, who can be certain of anything? 10 to 1000, the difference is just two zeros, and two zeros are no more than one zero, and zero is after all zero, zilch, nada, nothing, "no cigar." Therefore, there's no difference between 10 and 1000, and so you're right, I'm the one to watch out for. :D

Thanks to Ash Ryan going on vacation, I was able to creep ahead of him and now I have become the first to make a total of 1000 posts to this forum.

Sure, steal my spotlight! :)

Just kidding. I'm glad you've decided to stick around for a while longer.

Guest jrshep
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Thanks to you, Stephen.

It's a pleasure and an honor to get to read your posts, and I am always eager to read your latest ones. (And of course your wife's posts too. Thank you both.) I envy you two that you got to know Miss Rand personally. (I did actually see Dr. Peikoff live once. A treat.)

John

Thanks to you, Stephen.

It's a pleasure and an honor to get to read your posts, and I am always eager to read your latest ones. (And of course your wife's posts too. Thank you both.)

Nice of you to say so, John.

I envy you two that you got to know Miss Rand personally.

Well, we were not friends, or anything like that. But, aside from seeing her in action at many of the early lectures, I did get to speak with her quite a few times, and for that I remain grateful.

Thanks to Ash Ryan going on vacation, I was able to creep ahead of him and now I have become the first to make a total of 1000 posts to this forum. This post is my one-thousandth and I here commemorate it!  :D

(I can't wait to see this post appear so that I can see what happens after "Senior Member" status. Yikes, what if nothing changes!  :( )

YES! :D